• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Super Bowl LVIII

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
The 58th Super Bowl between the San Francisco 49'ers and the Kansas City Chiefs will be played at Allegiant Field in Las Vegas Sunday February 11th 6:30 p.m. ET on CBS. It will be interesting to see where the odds end up two weeks from now. At present the 49'ers are favored by 1.5 points.
Big money will move that spread around to get the max money bet. 1.5 spread indicates they expect a close game. I hope it is a good game.

I will be rooting for the Chiefs. I've been their fan for over fifty years. I'm thrilled that they have managed to have success after so many decades of terrible football.
I will be disappointed if after making it to the dance they fall short of victory. However, I like the 49ers and will not be pissed if they win it all. They are a great team and I'm caught up in the Purdy run as a football fan should be.

As football ratings go, I think the game and its hype will enjoy top ratings. The teams should matchup well and the game should be a good one to watch. Fans should take advantage of the game being aired on network. Future playoff games and Super Bowl games might well be pay per view only events. The prospect sickens me.

Upvote 0
I'm with the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl. I think the 49ers got real lucky yesterday on some plays in the second half and I think the Lions coach blew it on not going for a field goal twice.
I fit that old picture perfectly. I agree that the 49ers seemed to be the lesser team most of the game against the Lions. It has been there MO in this post season for some reason. Anything can and often does happen in the Super Bowl. The winner will make less mistakes is my prediction.

Upvote 0
It's almost like the teams that one yesterday didn't really win the games, but the teams they were playing kind of blew it. Once that 49ers WR caught that one of the DB's face mask the football Gods were telling us it ain't looking good for the Lions.

I'm still just baffled by Lamar Jackson yesterday, it's like he wanted to prove to everyone he's not a running QB and that's what cost them the game.

Upvote 0
Lamar is an extremely talented dude! I'm guessing that the older he gets the more he is coached to stay in the pocket and pass. Look at the longevity of recent running backs. They take a great deal of abuse and have fairly short careers. The Ravens can't afford to lose Lamar and he's not getting any younger. I think it's amazing he hasn't been out for a season ending injury. With that said, he is a gifted runner and a decent passer.

Upvote 0
I'm with you, treb1797, on that miracle catch off the defender.
When I saw that happen I knew Detroit was going to lose the game. I'm telling you guys, the Detroit Lions are a cursed football team!
30 minutes of playing good football just went bye bye.
At least I didn't go out and buy anything pertaining to the Lions...

Upvote 0
I'm with you, treb1797, on that miracle catch off the defender.
When I saw that happen I knew Detroit was going to lose the game. I'm telling you guys, the Detroit Lions are a cursed football team!
30 minutes of playing good football just went bye bye.
At least I didn't go out and buy anything pertaining to the Lions...
My friends are calling it "the Catch 2.0" after the Ninner's Dwight Clark caught the pass from Joe Montana.

Upvote 0
..... I'm telling you guys, the Detroit Lions are a cursed football team!....

That's what they said about the Cubs for years. Then in 2016 it was like magic. The Cubs would be down by 6 runs at the start of the 8th inning and I would turn the game off. Then later on I would turn on ESPN and see the Cubs won 8-7. You just gotta believe.

Upvote 0
As a Chiefs fan and a Royals fan, I have spent far more years making fun of my teams than having any sort of faith they might actually do something positive.
I can't help but be a fan and I follow and root for them just like they were the real deal. Both teams have been no better than farm clubs most of the time. I have lived long enough to enjoy a bit of success from both franchises. The Royals had their day in the sun and now are a bad joke. I don't expect the Chiefs to stay in the limelight much longer either. Look at the Bills and their incredible ride at the top and now a team in shambles. It's a roller coaster ride for all the teams. That is what makes it so special when the team you love has success. Both the Lions and the Cowboys are on their way up and not down. Something to be thrilled about as a fan!

Upvote 0
tswit.png

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
Did a straight $50 Moneyline bet on the Chiefs. I still have a $100 of free money left on Draft Kings from last years bet

View attachment 171183
I hope you are a winner. I don't bet. I lost money that I did not have on college football bowl games when my children were little. It hurt and I swore I would never bet again, not even a dollar bet. :)
Betting was an ugly business way back in the day. It was still a popular activity but nothing like what we see today. At least today, for the majority of betters, they don't have to worry about the collection process. :)
Bet on it: a lot of money is going to change hands Super Bowl weekend

A quick snippet:
A record 31.5 million Americans plan to bet on this year’s Super Bowl, according to estimates released Tuesday by the gambling industry’s national trade group.

The American Gaming Association forecasts that over $7.6 billion will be wagered on pro football’s championship game set for Sunday.

That is a lot of money!!!!

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones