• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Super Bowl LVIII

kcvictory.jpeg

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I caught the final 15 minutes of play when it was 16 / 16 I think.
It was live on a main channel in the UK.
Trying to remember and understand the game.
Very exciting finish.

Why did the clock continue before the last play, why did it end at 3 seconds (overtime rules maybe?)
Great throw but why was it so easy to throw wide when so close and to an empty area?

Congrats cool Chiefs, hard bells 49ers.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Needless to say, today I can relax and enjoy the game's outcome. I had a difficult time unwinding last night after the game. I watched all of the post game BS on ESPN and then the recap on Sports Center. I didn't record the game but it will be aired a number of times on the NFL network. Though I'm sure it would be dry humor to anyone other than a pure Chiefs fan, it will be interesting to watch and analyze the game without the drama of the unknown. Somehow the 49ers lost that game in the second half. I'm uncertain just how their dominance of the first half was overcome by Chiefs. I understand the added pressure Steve Spagnuolo brought in the second half slowed down the 9ers offense even though no mistakes were forced from Brock Purdy. (Super impressed with the guy) The change in D doesn't explain the Chiefs ability to move the ball in the second half. Either the 9ers backed off their relentless D pressure or the Chiefs figured out how to combat it.

Upvote 0
......Somehow the 49ers lost that game in the second half. I'm uncertain just how their dominance of the first half was overcome by Chiefs. I understand the added pressure Steve Spagnuolo brought in the second half slowed down the 9ers offense even though no mistakes were forced from Brock Purdy. (Super impressed with the guy) The change in D doesn't explain the Chiefs ability to move the ball in the second half. Either the 9ers backed off their relentless D pressure or the Chiefs figured out how to combat it.

To me it's no differrent than the 49ers coming back against the Lions. It comes down to finally realizing, "How Bad Do You Want it", and you turn it around by becoming the aggressor where no one is going to stand in your way.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
my local ESPNLA radio has been blasting Kyle Shanahan for electing to go first in overtime. at the time i thought that was an ok decision. Romo did point out that it might have been better to go second so that you can then plan on whether to go for the td or field goal. i kind of agree that he should have gone second, but who knows. it could have still ended in a Chief win.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
I read or heard somewhere that the excuse for that questionable choice was because they were unaware of the OT rules. In hind sight, kicking the ball to the Chiefs to start the OT would have likely been a better choice. A person can what ifs calls and plays all game every game. Who knows how the game would turn out with any sort of change. What if the 49ers made that missed point after? What if the 49ers had picked up that 1st down on their last regulation drive and ultimately kicked a winning field goal with no time left on the clock? What if Kittle would have been targeted more? What if what if.

Upvote 0
So many things have to fall into place to repeat. The chance of a three-peat is astronomically difficult. They have a chance having won back to back but there is a very good reason there has never been a three-peat, odds are super slim. It goes beyond having a great team. You have stay healthy and peak in post season but utmost a team must be lucky.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones