• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Supermoon, March 19, 2011

Cool but nothing will beat what I saw years ago while stationed at barksdale afb. I was on a refuel of the bomber. looked out as the moon was coming up and it was low and big and a brilliant colors of red and orange and yellows. looked almost the moon was on fire. Doubt I will ever see that again.

Upvote 0
Wasn't as super as the media hyped it up to be. Still got some decent pictures of it though. Here's one...
5541689646_4b4c3df9c1.jpg

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I spent a decade involved in astronomy as a hobby. I bought a "smart" telescope that once aligned with the sky and your exact position on earth.. would go to whatever you typed in or suggest things in your night sky to look at. It would then track that celestial body for you. It was fantastic.. enjoyed the experience with my children.. broadened my knowledge of space.. and was a great hobby. BUT... between the clouds of Kansas.. the winds of Kansas... and the nights you could go out and set up.... my times behind the telescope were limited. And just like this "big moon" event... more often than not there was some reason I couldn't experience the event.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones