• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dragula2012

Feb 9, 2012
hello. I have a galaxy s2 I777 on ICS 4.0.3 unrooted . My question is if I need to root my phone in order to flash the rom supernexus. Another question is in case that I decided to update to jelly bean 4.1.2 using odin or kies, I 'll have to unroot the phone or just flash the update?
thanks for your help:)

If you do want to flash the SuperNexus ROM (I've got it on my S2) you will need to root first. If you wish to go back to the stock 4.1.2 you'll need to flash back to stock Gingerbread first (or ICS, depending what came on your phone when you got it). That will remove root so you just update normally. If you don't like SuperNexus, and want the TouchWiz features, you could always look at the ShoStock roms, which are built on TouchWiz.

Reactions: dragula2012
Upvote 0
I finally managed to root and flash my S2 I777 with supernexus 2. I am glad that I got rid of that annoying SOD. Supernexus is an awsome rom. So far it is running ok. the only issue I have is the music player. It display a message like my music files arent supported. I reflashed twice the gapps but without success. anyone who can help?

Upvote 0
all of them are in mp3 format,but some in different bitrate.The player only reproduce some but not all.I think I made a bad flash because the first time I flashed the rom it got stuck at the nexus logo. What I did was to take out the battery an do a factory reset. after the the rom worked fine except for the music player.anyway thanks for your support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones