• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SuperSU Binary Update Problem - Phone NOT Calling Out - reinstall com.android.com??

scudder

Android Expert
May 21, 2010
State of Confusion (FL too)
Hi Everyone!

I was recently prompted to update the SU Binary in my SuperSU app. I did so on one of my phones. I hit the TWRP option (on the right side of the prompt screen), nothing happened, phone did not reset so I rebooted into recovery. The update ran automatically and the phone rebooted.

I noticed two issues (perhaps there are more). The huge problem is that I cannot make OUTGOING calls. I use a custom dialer PixelPhone Pro. I click on a contact to dial and nothing happens. I type in number to dial, hit the green "send" button to make the call, nothing happens.

I also tried the stock Phone app....same thing, cannot dial out.

I attempted to update the Profile and PRL for the phone, however, as that appears to need to make a "special call" that function is not working either.

I rebooted the phone to see if that could help. Now I cannot reach any function of the phone because I constantly get the message "...the process com.android.phone has stopped" obviously related to the previous problems.

I dirty-flashed the ROM...that did not help. I even tried to flash an older SuperSU version (I don't know what that would have done....I'm running on HOPE now ) and that didn't help. Re-dirty-flashed the ROM a second time. Again that didn't help.

I flashed an old backup and THAT WORKED fine. Problem is that the backup is 6 months old. I could quit and totally clean/wipe/install the ROM and start again from scratch but I reeeeeeallly don't have time for that at the moment.

Is there ANY way I can simply get my com.android.phone process back?? Why did all this happen in the first place??

ANY help is greatly appreciated!! THANK YOU!!

Scott

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones