• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Superuser reqests

mlb

Jul 8, 2010
Central Fl
I recently got a new Evo through insurance so I re-rooted it using Moonshine. Now I'm getting a lot of system apps requesting superuser permissions. I'm using clockwork mod superuser and it say's "Developer Warning: Superuser not declared in manifest." Should I grant them superuser access just because they're system apps? I've been denying them using the "this time only" selection. I'm not sure they need superuser.
Here is a list:
Input Devices
HTC DM
Android System
EPST
I'm rooted stock, TWRP recovery, clockwork mod superuser.

I recently got a new Evo through insurance so I re-rooted it using Moonshine. Now I'm getting a lot of system apps requesting superuser permissions. I'm using clockwork mod superuser and it say's "Developer Warning: Superuser not declared in manifest." Should I grant them superuser access just because they're system apps? I've been denying them using the "this time only" selection. I'm not sure they need superuser.
Here is a list:
Input Devices
HTC DM
Android System
EPST
I'm rooted stock, TWRP recovery, clockwork mod superuser.

is this just stock or a custom rom? if stock i would recommend you flash a custom rom that has su cooked in.

in chapter 4 of the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte-all-things-root/605567-ltevo-rooting-dummies-complete-guide.html there is the su that you need to flash in recovery.

Reactions: mlb
Upvote 0
I'm stock rooted. I don't really like any of the custom rooms out there, but since a new update came out today I'll just flash the updated stock rom.

Curious as to the update? Do you have a link?

Have you tried the viper rom? Most here like that rom as far as sense roms go.

Edit: as for me,I love aosp roms....... Not a big fan of sense to be honest.

Reactions: mlb
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones