Support: voice annouincing I/C calls & messagesSupport

1. zds

zds Member

[FONT=&quot]After I got my Galaxy Note, the phone started to voice-announce incoming calls & messages.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have no idea what triggered this function off but it was very useful when in my training car, I did not have to take my attention off the learner driver & traffic to look at the phone to decide if I needed to pull over and handle the message/call.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then I upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 and the voice announcing stopped for a few days.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It has started again but only for incoming calls, and not at all for incoming messages.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Does anyone know where I can find a setting so that I can get the voice announcing for messages going again?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The phone was purchased from the Australian telco Telstra and I use a BlueAnt T1 v1.5 bluetooth headset. (I mention the BlueAnt because it insists on storing all my contacts, and might have something to do with the phone’s voice-announcing).

(sorry about the spelling boo-boo in the message header)
    [/FONT]

Advertisement
    :
  2. iSergiwa

iSergiwa Well-Known Member

Settings, Language and input, Text to speech output, Driving mode
    then Driving mode settings to select which setting you want to enable.
    zds likes this.
  3. zds

zds Member

Many thanks for that info :)
  4. zds

zds Member

Driving mode works very well for announcing incoming phone calls, but it didn't announce text messages.
    Except for today when suddenly, for no discernible reason, it started to announce incoming text messages as well as phone calls again.

Anyone else has erratic behaviour like this?
  5. BrownSista

BrownSista Member

Thank you- this helped me too.
  6. Waldys

Waldys Well-Known Member

Most likely, you have Talkback (or Kickback as it's called on different versions of the Note) turned on.

It's meant for people with sight handicaps. The phone will read text messages, announce incoming calls and their numbers and basically read everything and describe everything on the phone.

Settings > Accessibility > Talkback and turn it off