• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SweeterHome2 Beta

It is out on their website so go get your copy.
YAY!! Spankies! Got it thanks!

Yah, new build is out!

LOL Corina, did you chat me last night? I was like 2am my time lol.

yes!! i chat you all the time and you never answer me!! i suggest you change your hours to what i like dernit!! LmAo

This is my sweeterhome running droidmod 1.0, thebowers color, smokedglass with mjones pink on top and skaggz font :D

snap20100303_022736.png

Upvote 0
Looks like the Red Eye Issue has been fixed :)

However, it still lagging when switching home screens, and I was able to work with it for a few hours before it crashed.

Starting to see some real improvement, as I modified my theme a few times, and not a single time did it crash

Upvote 0
Looks like the Red Eye Issue has been fixed :)

I wish I could say the same. I haven't been stuck on the eye for quite some time (weeks?) ... but it happened to me yesterday afternoon with the latest release. Fortunately, I'm able to just stick the DROID in the multimedia dock and it boots into the Bedside app. No problem.

Also, this version of Sweeter Home appears to be FC'ing on me more than the last version. Progress? :rolleyes: Usually during times with no apps are being run and I'm just on the Sweeter Home desktop. I'll look over and see the FC message. Odd.

This app may never come out of beta.

Upvote 0
It would be nice if we could lock the theme and at that point sweeterhome would be just a home replacement app.

That's how I run mine. I don't think I've had a single FC on my Magic with the latest build.

If you're getting FC's - PLEASE check the sweeterhome directory and look for the latest logdump (sort by date) then send it through to bugs@sweeterhome.com. Dev is getting into full on memory leak and bug fixes at the moment. He wants to get it as stable as possible before building more features.

Upvote 0
Can I ask, do you guys still have much going on on your stock home screen? My stock home is COMPLETELY empty.

Also, I now always do the following:

Download the new SH build.
UNINSTALL SH.
Reinstall SH - but don't launch.
Power phone off and back on.
Wait for SD to initialise, then choose SH as default and launch.

Same I delete all widgets, and icons on Sense and Home.

Upvote 0
Uninstalled the old SH and then installed the new one then rebooted. I was getting tons of FC's all day long and the size of my data was 30MB. Ridiculous!. Back down to 2.93MB now. Widgets are working much better with this version but I am not so sure about all those FC's. Hopefully soon those will be a thing of the past too.

I have nada on all other home replacement screens. I only use the stock one if I can't get into SH. Desperate measures for sure.

Any idea why you can't add mototorch widget to a springboard?

Upvote 0
I love SH but I was really hoping that last build would stop the data from increasing so much. It still seems to go up with every FC. And I am still experiencing way too many of those for apparently no reason. Just sitting in the dock or swiping from one screen to another it will FC. Still, the alternative is not an option yet. I am not giving up on SH.

Upvote 0
The one released on the 9th is a lot more stable as far as FC's. Widgets are still slow to update. It takes close to 15 seconds to update the time on the Weather Widgets Flip Clock when I unlock my phone. When pressing home from within an app its now incredibly slow to bring up my home screen, about 10 seconds or even longer.

Upvote 0
In a FAQ on the SH site, it says that you can select which layer to edit by pressing and holding on the screen while in edit mode but all that does is bring properties up for the current item showing. The edit button does give any options to switch layers. When on a screen where there is no open real estate while editing, how do you switch layers?? I've searched all over for layers and didn't see anything about it. Just d/led SW2 last week and wow, what an improvement over 1!

Upvote 0
In a FAQ on the SH site, it says that you can select which layer to edit by pressing and holding on the screen while in edit mode but all that does is bring properties up for the current item showing. The edit button does give any options to switch layers. When on a screen where there is no open real estate while editing, how do you switch layers?? I've searched all over for layers and didn't see anything about it. Just d/led SW2 last week and wow, what an improvement over 1!

When in edit mode and you long press somewhere on the screen it brings up the property box you mention. At the bottom of that property box are all the other things that are under where you pressed. Select one of those and then when you long press on that same spot you will get the property box for whichever item you just selected.

Reactions: MicroNix
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones