• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

switched my 2nd sd card partition to fat32. any downside?

I'm not sure there is a down side so to speak but I would have just used ext2 I mean for a mobile device that is more than a sufficient file system. I like to use it because unlike ext3 and 4 it does not have a journal system so it doesn't need the resources that they do. The reason I recommend the ext2 is because it is a native file system for Android. I'm not sure if you remove your card and put it in your computer or if you hook up the device via a cable to the computer but having the ability to view the external partition and edit it could lead to issues. Since Windows does not see ext* partitions it does not allow the user to access it and chance messing something up. Anyway just my suggestion.

As far as any issues running fat32 extended partition with Link2SD I have not personally heard of any.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones