• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype for Android : Free for download tomorrow :)

Just got into the beta myself today and I gotta say the hype is legit; I don't think im typing FASTER (at worst the same) really; but im definitely entering text EASIER and mistake free; their algorithm has been almost 99% accurate even when im scribbling on the pad and forget what letter i was even at.

Very well executed. What do you think they are gonna charge once it's on the market?

Upvote 0
I'd pay too (and I'm a broke student!), but they simply won't release it and I'm sick of trying to get the beta to work. And yeah, I tried Snazzy's method to get it to work but it didn't do the trick (neither did uninstalling, redownloading, rebooting, etc). I guess I'll just wait.

I really hate when I want to BUY something but I simply can't.

EDIT: Well, I know why they're not selling it yet and that's fine, that's not what I was trying to say.

Upvote 0
If you take a look at their website you will see that they don't have any plans to offer this as a paid app directly to consumers. Their clients are the carriers who add the application to their phones as a differentiation feature.

Quite sensible approach, from a business point of view. But disappointing for the end consumers not affiliated to one of their client carriers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones