1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Swype for HVGA phones

1. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

ty karma... shapewriter FTW
  3. InstantKarma

Dude, you should try it out. I like Shapewriter, but this is much more responsive.
  4. Nut

Nut New Member

Thanks for the tip, I have been using this for only a few minutes and i think after i get the hang of it, it should be pretty useful.
  5. DevinB

DevinB Active Member

I've been waiting for this to make it to the myTouch. Thanks for the link!!
  6. InstantKarma

I got the 100% You magazine today, and it said that Swype is coming to the 3G soon.

I feel less like a thief now. :D
  7. Method760

Method760 Well-Known Member

Thanks its pretty cool
  8. adamajah

adamajah Well-Known Member

I just got the myTouch 1.2 and it came with Swype as the default input method. Diggin it so far.
  9. Takedown

Takedown Member

I'm loving swype on my new 1.2. My Fender does not have it and when I did the install as stated above it came with all kinds of warnings about tracking input like Credit Card info and it scared me :eek: I feel better using it on my 1.2 since it's the default without all the warnings!!!!
  10. InstantKarma

It only came without the warnings because you didn't install it. :D
  11. Takedown

Takedown Member

I'm sure that's the case but since I didn't have to read them and acknowledge them, I feel better. I will wait for the Market to publish it and then put it on the Fender :)
  12. adamajah

Whoa whoa whoa... it tracks credit card info? :eek: My 1.2 came pre-installed with Swype and I got no warnings about that.

Do you mean that it saves strings of text you input so it can learn to predict for you? Because that's very different than "tracking" credit card numbers.

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks
  13. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

The Android OS says this warning for every new keyboard apparatus that you install, it is just as a precaution just to let you know that what you type could be sent somewhere to like the developer who make the keyboard. But I would dare say any popular keyboard in the Android market or from another reliable source doesn't do this. Since Swype is the default keyboard for v1.2 and Fender it should be ok to install, of course you have to be careful with this type of information.

But if needs be, when prompted to input any passwords or credit card information or anything private long press in the input box, and input box will allow this - the Edit Text menu will come up, select Input method and switch back to the Android Keyboard default that way you'll be safe.
    adamajah likes this.
  14. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

I'm not liking it for times I have to type dollar values, it would keep putting spaces in between the $ and the numbers. I'm sure there's a way to get by this, but I'm not finding any.
  15. adamajah

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!
  16. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

how do you sign up to get that magazine?
  17. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

I got mine w/o doing anything, I didn't even buy a MyTouch from T-Mo. I bought mine on Craigslist, put in my SIM, and my account recognizes I'm using MT3G and I started getting the promo in mail.
  18. InstantKarma

What he said. Found mine on Craigslist, too.
  19. InstantKarma

sensesfail99 likes this.
  20. sensesfail99

sensesfail99 Well-Known Member

So Im going to download it and see what all the hype is all about!
  21. sensesfail99

sensesfail99 Well-Known Member

So I downloaded it and its amazing.the only thing I noticed is it always puts two e in the, most the time