• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype For Incredible tutorial..

OK; installed swype ver/1.25.16.5612.t100 and see it in settings under language & keyboard then 'green' checked Swype. However, when I try to swype it in email or SMS, it goes back to default keyboard. What am I missing? Thanks

in the bottom left there is an input button on your on screen keyboard... hold it down till option comes up, you will see something like"keyboard" and swype for input options. hope that helps.

Upvote 0
I couldnt get through the turorial either, but I just launched the tutorial and that was able to start the keyboard up. Not sure if its really that much faster, im going to try it for a day and see if i get the hang of it, but I got a lot of spelling errors and different words.

Better Keyboard so far is my favorite.

Upvote 0
I can see the keyboard option in text mode as an icon in lower left as you described, but even holding it down, it's not providing swype as option. I love it on my husbands HTC Eris and it was one of the primary reasons to move from the BB Storm.

Oh I got it! They were forcing me to go through the Swipe Tutorial. When I did, swipe now works in all other text modes app. Go figure that one.

Upvote 0
just installed, it didn't work the first time and later restarted my phone

i re-installed, went through the tutorial again and now it's working! i like it so far, not sure i'm going to keep it permanently though. i feel like i have to think more when i'm typing with it but maybe that'll go away as i use it more

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones