• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swype questions

First, how do I get it? I have followed the links from other threads in this forum, and they lead to dead ends (false links, nonexistant pages).

Second, I was looking at the drives in my phone (Android incredible) and I saw a zip file labeled HTCSwype. Its inside my download folder on my SD card. Is that somehow it, and do I need to unzip it/install it?, and if so, how do I do that?

Second, I was looking at the drives in my phone (Android incredible) and I saw a zip file labeled HTCSwype. Its inside my download folder on my SD card. Is that somehow it, and do I need to unzip it/install it?, and if so, how do I do that?

Not sure if that is it, is it an .apk?
If it is swype - use an app installer like Astro to install it from your SD card.

Upvote 0
I never asked for an illegal download link, nor did anyone offer one up. I did not know that it was a closed beta program, hense the questions that I asked. No need to be mean!:(

He wasn't being mean, Its just there are a few people once in a while who either hint at or straight up ask for illegal copies of the program and he was giving you a heads up. That's all ;)

Reactions: rcrott1
Upvote 0
Swype itself is a closed beta program. just an fyi, asking for, and posting, illegal download links is against the forum rules.

He wasn't being mean, Its just there are a few people once in a while who either hint at or straight up ask for illegal copies of the program and he was giving you a heads up. That's all ;)

This and this! He was just offering a friendly reminder to everyone (as that's typically the path these threads take. :)

I've heard, but cannot confirm, that after you can still register for the beta (even though they say it's closed) and request that they send you the app and that they'll actually send you the app!

Reactions: rcrott1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones