• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yeah, i want to know this too...i had Swype from the market and did a factory reset and now i cant get it back...Whats up?
Swype hasn't been on the market yet because it's still in Beta.

If you were an approved Beta tester, you can just go to their site (Swype | Text Input for Screens), sign in and download the newest version. If you aren't a Beta tester, you can click Register on that same page to sign up to become one.

I registered to become a Beta tester at a time when the page said, "The Swype Beta is CLOSED" (like it does now), but I registered anyway and got approved the next day. Now I don't have to worry about tracking down a pirated copy if something happens to my phone.

But failing all that, here's a recent thread about a modded version that includes a microphone button for easy voice-to-text entry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones