• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
swype was working fine when i had 1.5 but now that i gave 2.1 i cant get to work. ive tried all the different methods, ive downloaded it directly to the phone but it downloads as a txt. i put the file on my sd card but when i use any installer or file manager nothing works.

does anybody have any tips

Strangely enough... I couldn't get it to work either at first. I reinstalled the same app a couple times. Every time I went and set all the options, then when I got around to trying it, it wouldn't work. Then on the third time I just tried it before I messed with the settings... and it worked. Then I went and changed the settings, and it continued to work with the new settings in place. I never downloaded a different version. It just worked when I used it before I opened the settings menu (and I opened the settings menu from within an actual textfield if that makes a difference).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones