• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Synchronized Contacts Disappeared on Phone

Mojeed62

Lurker
Aug 4, 2015
Suddenly, I discover that some of the contacts on my Samsung Note 4 are no longer visible. I normally save my contacts on my Gmail account. I have refreshed and synchronize the contacts many times and it automatically synchronizes itself regularly. But these same names are shown on another Android phone I use on the same Gmail account but not on my Note 4. I also deleted my Gmail account from Note 4 contact settings and later signed it in again but the problem remains. What can I do again please?

If you check the contacts online, do the contacts that are missing on the Note 4 present in the online contacts?

If they are missing online and on the Note 4, then apparently they exist only on the second phone you mentioned. You need to make sure to save those 'missing' contacts to Google, then resync the contacts on the Note 4 to add them to it.

You might try going to this site and restoring your contacts from an earlier version and see if it includes the missing contacts. You can go back to 30 days:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1069522?hl=en

If the 'missing' contacts already are saved to Google online, check your view settings in your contacts app. If you find nothing wrong, try this:

Settings > Accounts > Google > Select account > Disable contacts sync
Then:
Settings > Apps > All > Contacts storage > Force stop > Clear cache > Clear data
Restart the phone.
Enable contacts sync.

Hopefully, that will download the full contacts list as it is online.

Reactions: KOLIO and RA_BH
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones