• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Syncing Old Calendar Entries?

edytwinky

Sep 23, 2010
I wiped my phone to clean it up. All my calendar entries were synced to google so I didn't lose anything.

When I rebooted my phone, the calendar only synced up to date items and everything I had in 2010 would not show up on my calendar. Is there anyway to sync up all the old stuff?

I wiped my phone to clean it up. All my calendar entries were synced to google so I didn't lose anything.

When I rebooted my phone, the calendar only synced up to date items and everything I had in 2010 would not show up on my calendar. Is there anyway to sync up all the old stuff?

Goggle seems to be having some trouble with their calendar. I'm not receiving all of my SMS reminders on my phone, that were setup using Goggle calendar on my Mac. This is not the first time Goggle calendar has screwed up on me, more like the third or forth. This doesn't inspire much confidence in Goggle, or their calendar reminders.

Upvote 0
This is not a problem with Google, I have read it's a problem with the way the phone uses the information passed in from Google. Here's the solution I used that worked for me, found here: Issue 3672 - android - Calendar app won't sync events older than 1 month - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

This only has to be done once, to bring in the old stuff, and from then on, it will be kept up to date.
OK I finally figured this out. It is a stupid hack but it worked for me and so far my
data is still intact.

1. From home screen hit menu and go to settings.
2. In settings go to Accounts and Sync
3. Turn off the background update and autosync.
4. Go back to main settings menu and go to Applications.
5. Go into manage applications.
6. Press menu button again and select Filter and then All.
7. Find Calendar and select it and delete all data (it will warn you about losing all files
just hit OK).
8. Do the same for Calendar Storage.
9. Go back to main Settings menu and scroll down to Date and time.
10. Turn off Automatic and then set date to January 1st 2009 and hit set. (I tried to go
all the way back to 2006 on my first try and it just kept rolling the date back to the
current one)
11. Wait a second and make sure date remains set to the date you selected. Then
select Date again and select your desired date (should be before first entry on
calendar.)
12. For good measure I then shut the phone off and then powered it back up after
about 5 minutes. (Don't know if it was necessary but I wasn't taking any chances this
time.)
13. Go back into Settings menu and select Accounts and sync.
14. Select the Calendar to sync and then go into calendar to ensure its all there.
15. Once it is you can then safely turn on auto time and date again and let all apps
auto update in background.

It's a pain in the a$$ but it worked for me. I hope it works for everyone else. It would
be nice if the Calendar had the ability to auto download previous months as you
scroll to them.

Wade

There's a long conversation about this at that link, and several people have posted updated or shuffled around steps that worked better for them, so if it doesn't work check out that link. One thing that some people had to do was to turn on Airplane Mode to keep the phone from changing the date back to current again. I also found that the exact directions for finding and deleting the data for Calendar and Calendar Data weren't correct for my phone, but as long as you find them in your Applications page you can accomplish that step anyway. This has worked for me twice now, once right after I got the phone and again after a factory reset. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
This is not a problem with Google, I have read it's a problem with the way the phone uses the information passed in from Google. Here's the solution I used that worked for me, found here: Issue 3672 - android - Calendar app won't sync events older than 1 month - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

This only has to be done once, to bring in the old stuff, and from then on, it will be kept up to date.

There's a long conversation about this at that link, and several people have posted updated or shuffled around steps that worked better for them, so if it doesn't work check out that link. One thing that some people had to do was to turn on Airplane Mode to keep the phone from changing the date back to current again. I also found that the exact directions for finding and deleting the data for Calendar and Calendar Data weren't correct for my phone, but as long as you find them in your Applications page you can accomplish that step anyway. This has worked for me twice now, once right after I got the phone and again after a factory reset. Hope this helps!

My calender syncs just fine. It's the SMS text and email reminders that are not working. I have no problem receiving other texts and emails, so this points squarely at Goggle.

Edit: Called Sprint and they refreshed my connection, along with pulling out battery. Goggle text notification now working. Knock on wood.

Update: Text notification stopped again, but found final solution. This works.

Here is the fix (for updated Android smart-phones only):
Instead of using SMS Notification, use POP-UP reminder.

Your phone will sync with your calendar (using your data plan) and set your phone up for the notification.

Details:
After countless hours and many late nights I've finally cracked the mystery to why (we) stopped receiving notifications on our Android phones.
As it turns out, Google made some changes to their Android OS to make it more stream lined with the Calendar system.

The stream-lining had 2 reasons:
1) To reducing text-messages sent over cellular networks
2) which was tied in directly to cost savings for those consumers who don't have unlimited text-messaging plans
(those consumers without text-messaging plans pay around $0.25/text!!)

Upvote 0

Awesome, this worked!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones