• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System Rom Or accessing my internal memory.

Dubhead42

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
I'm trying to get information to free up my system rom. I have a Samsung Epic 4g (obviously). It was working fine until ill got a hold of a game not designed for my phone. The game was working fine until recently and now it force closes due to lack of internal memory. I wanted to try to move the game over to my sd card, but i don't have the option to do that. So now I'm trying to do one of two things. Access my internal memory on my desktop so i can select whatever file i want and drag and drop it to my sd card. Or Just free up some of my system rom. Another thing i want to add is that every time i clear cache it will delete the saved game. I'm prepared to do it one more time, but i don't wanna keep doing that nothing annoys me more then restarting.

Oh and yes my device is rooted.
With Clockwork

As far as I know, there is no way to access the ROM from your computer to drag and drop files. You can however, if the app supports it, move it to the SD card. Go to settings, applications, manage applications, select the game, and click move to SD card. If the button is disabled, the app doesn't support it.

Upvote 0
Thats why i wanted to drag and drop files, to force it over because it doesn't support it. I tried to free up some rom. I'm currently looking for a new rom... just don't wanna download one at the computer i'm at.
The error message that pops up is:
Error (airplay v4.12 [224299])
Heap 2 out of memory. Allocating {276} bytes but only {1064} available (204 LFBB).
Increase icf setting [s3e] MemSize2(Current value is 5000000).

The values in between {} are variables, constantly changing. The ones that i have in their are just a sample.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones