• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mob UK Where is Google Turn by Turn

I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm having some troubles.

I tried downloading from the first two links on the site and both of them were not available "This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader."

So I tried downloading from the last two links and with the first file I cannot install it because when I click on it and open the App manager it only has "Uninstall".
The last file doesn't do anyhting when I open the app manager.

Sorry if that isn't too clear =)

I'm having the same problem. Any ideas how to resolve?

Upvote 0
I appear to be doing something daft. I've successfully installed the apk which worked fine (thanks antipesto) and it prompted me to download the text to speech converter from the market, which I did and it installed. A speech icon appeared in my list of apps and the voice prompt worked in Google Maps. Then the icon disappeared from my list of apps and successive attempts to download and re-install don't seem to do anything. In the file manager, I can see all the data files in a folder called svox. Anyone else having trouble with text to speech?

Upvote 0
Reactions: athegn
Upvote 0
Having installed this I now need to see how to set up a destination in the UK.

Using my Tom Tom I often set the destination by pressing its location at a point on the map; I often go to places where there is little civilisation by bicycle/wlking and the place may not have name.

Can I use this to bring up the map and press the point I wish to go to and have it recorded to set the route?

So far I have not found how to do this.

Upvote 0
Having installed this I now need to see how to set up a destination in the UK.

Using my Tom Tom I often set the destination by pressing its location at a point on the map; I often go to places where there is little civilisation by bicycle/wlking and the place may not have name.

Can I use this to bring up the map and press the point I wish to go to and have it recorded to set the route?

So far I have not found how to do this.

Press and hold on the map;
It will say 'loading address'
Once loaded, release touch and press the address;
Press the navigation icon (second from left)
Choose walking or driving directions.

It'll then hop into Google Nav and take you on your merry way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones