• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root T-Mobile firmware update / Band 12 question

biggdogg

Dec 28, 2009
New Jersey
I posted this in another thread but never got a reply so I figured I would start my own thread . Any help is appreciated . Thanks

I just got the update this morning but didn't download it yet until checking here . I am still ANK3 getting ready to root with Odin today . T-Mobile support page lists improvements as Band 12 and VoLTE911 calling here <br />https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11068<br /><br />My question is should I root and then just enable Band 12 manually or root and then try the update through Odin? Can someone explain how to do the update with Odin ? Would I download the update through kies and then install with Odin or am I misunderstanding something ? It says the update is to baseband AOD7 so I would hate to update and not be able to root when I can just enable it manually . Also, any way to stop the update notification or will they stop automatically once rooted . I won't be installing any Custom Roms just yet but I'm looking forward to it . Thanks

Thanks for your response ! I think I'm good to go now . MasterCheif answered my original post and says he did the update and then rerooted so it shouldn't be a problem. My concern was that the rooting guide said it only worked on certain baseband versions ie, ANK3 and I wanted to be absolutely sure . I am going to update then root when I get home tonight. Thanks !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones