• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] new to android and rooting need a little help please

jayrocc

Lurker
Jan 27, 2013
so I have been googling everywhere for the past few days and cant come up with clear answers so i decided to try a post. I have my phone rooted and wanted to try flashing a rom. I saw 2 roms that interested me that I wanted to try in cyanogenmod and jedi x. thing is, I want to keep my wifi calling and both roms say they remove that feature. Now i read somewhere that there is a way to protect that feature but it didnt go into detail so i was wondering if anyone here knew how to keep the wifi calling feature with one of those 2 custom roms?

also, i know that in order to flash a rom I have to data wipe, So i was wondering how do i backup my contacts first before i do this?

lastly if i choose to remove the bloatware from my stock rom and not flash a custom rom, does anyone know of a way to change the shortcuts on the lockscreen or of a way to get the music player to work on the lockscreen?

thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: rattlesnake
i tried to install a rom on my galaxy note two but then it crashed so i lost every thing on the phone the only thing that comes up is a little battery charger icon but it just froz there and stop ... and when i connect it to my computer it does not connect to the phone it just froz to the battery sign ...plz help

Upvote 0
Looks like you need to return the phone buddy see that is y I dont want to root my phone cause I dont want to have problems like yours

Download odin tar
Open odin
Boot phone Into download mode
Plug in phone
Put ops on ops box ect...

Press start

Wate

Boot Into cwm
Mout usb storage
Put jedi master.zip on sd card
Wipe all data factory reset
Install zip from external sd card
Choose jedi master

Wate

Reboot

Rooted
Romed

Now download apn backup and restore

Write down tmobile apn on paper

Use titanium backup to set apn bnr as system app
Open
Disable ics check
Close
Open
Delete all apns
Re program ur apn in system settings
Wifi teathering now works
Press start

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones