• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T Mobile Out of Stock

When did everyone who is confirmed for delivery tomorrow order theirs? I phoned up monday, got told I'd have a phonecall when they were back in stock so I could order but I decided to phone on Tuesday and order as I was at Alton Towers today and didn't want to be giving credit card details in such a public area. Today I missed a call so I phoned back up, got told that one would be winging it's way to me for tomorrow. Now that I've gotten home I had a voicemail waiting, stating that due to the large demand that I wont be getting one til Tuesday now.

Now I don't mind if it's those who have ordered before me, because that's fair enough, but I'm annoyed that I was told that I was going to get one, only to be told last minute that no, I'm not now.

Upvote 0
When did everyone who is confirmed for delivery tomorrow order theirs? I phoned up monday, got told I'd have a phonecall when they were back in stock so I could order but I decided to phone on Tuesday and order as I was at Alton Towers today and didn't want to be giving credit card details in such a public area. Today I missed a call so I phoned back up, got told that one would be winging it's way to me for tomorrow. Now that I've gotten home I had a voicemail waiting, stating that due to the large demand that I wont be getting one til Tuesday now.

Now I don't mind if it's those who have ordered before me, because that's fair enough, but I'm annoyed that I was told that I was going to get one, only to be told last minute that no, I'm not now.

I can understand you being annoyed at this, I ordered saturday, called up twice on monday and was told that I would be called when it came back into stock and I didn't hear anything today so ended up calling myself.

I got the impression that even if you were just ordering over the phone today you would get one next day over people with orders outstanding which doesn't seem fair.

Upvote 0

Ordered mine last Thursday.
If it doesn't arrive tomorrow then someone is going to get an earfull @ T-Mobile tomorrow. :mad:

Upvote 0
Well, I phoned up today and was told that due to the sheer amount of orders to process and the bank holiday weekend it will be Tuesday, the lady I spoke to was very apologetic however and has said I'll be sent an 8gb sd card for my troubles. Still, as I'm away next week that means I won't be able to play with my new toy until next Saturday :( I am tempted to get my parents to post it to me in Birmingham but I don't suppose it's worth the risk of it potentially going missing.

Hope the rest of you manage to get yours today

Upvote 0
Went into my local t-mobile shop to have a peak at the Desire. They only had five in the shop and they were all reserved so they couldn't open one for me. I asked when they would have more available again and was told maybe in two weeks time as there is still a reserve list. I live in a decent size town so this isn't a case of the shop being low on the priority list. Looks like this phone is going to be rare as rocking horse poo for a while. Guess when Vodafone, Orange etc. start selling them things will rapidly get better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones