• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] RUU: T-Mobile 1.27.531.11 - 7/23/13

This has been a very interesting, and timely, read for me. I have a One that is s-on, rooted, and running the new Maximus HD rom (I highly recommend it. Incredibly stable) and a few kernels. Unfortunately, my camera has a hardware defect, and I need to do a warranty claim. I will have a new HTC One delivered to the house this afternoon, and I now need to unroot and relock the bootloader on my current One. Is the RUU listed in this thread the one I need to get me unrooted, and back to complete stock? I'm not very savvy with unrooting a phone. I have rooted phones before, but this will be the first phone I have ever had to unroot and return completely back to stock for a warranty claim. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to s-off to be able to install a new RUU, and then return back to s-on. I'm a little confused on all of that. Any clarification on the process I need to return back to stock will be greatly appreciated.

PS: Scotty, you are definitely the most pleasant and helpful person I have ever seen in a tech forum. Kudos to you, good sir!

Upvote 0
@bayou bandit
you never actually say if you have a t-mobile one or not ? If you do the answer is yes this will work.

Here is a very detailed guide -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2358738
http://androidforums.com/members/bayou-bandit.html

Derp a Derp... Yeah, I sorta forgot to say that bit of info. I'm just a little bit "slow" some days! :D Yes, it is a T-Mobile phone. I just need to know if this is the proper RUU to flash to return me back to legit stock. I don't want to use the wrong file and possibly screw up something because my phone is still s-on. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
first,thanks for your kind words above :) on to your next question:

I just need to know if this is the proper RUU to flash to return me back to legit stock. I don't want to use the wrong file and possibly screw up something because my phone is still s-on. Thanks for your help!

yup,this is the newest(as of today) official ruu for the t mobile one,and is exactly what you need.

rest assured,while s-on is a PITA sometimes,it will not let you screw anything up. ;)

you do not really need all the info in the link provided since you are s-on. all you need to do,is relock your bootloader,then run the .exe file as administrator if your version of windows permits that. follow the on screen directions and it will return you to stock.

it should get rid of your tampered badge,but unfortunately the best you can do with the bootloader while s on is relocked. shouldnt matter much,as the blurry camera is a know issue.

just holler if you have any further questions :)

Upvote 0
first,thanks for your kind words above :) on to your next question:

yup,this is the newest(as of today) official ruu for the t mobile one,and is exactly what you need.

rest assured,while s-on is a PITA sometimes,it will not let you screw anything up. ;)

you do not really need all the info in the link provided since you are s-on. all you need to do,is relock your bootloader,then run the .exe file as administrator if your version of windows permits that. follow the on screen directions and it will return you to stock.

it should get rid of your tampered badge,but unfortunately the best you can do with the bootloader while s on is relocked. shouldnt matter much,as the blurry camera is a know issue.

just holler if you have any further questions :)

Thanks, Scotty! I appreciate the response. Been hectic the last few days, but I'm gonna try to get this done this evening. You don't think "relocked" will be a big deal for a warranty claim? It's one of the main reasons I was considering going s-off first, to make sure everything looked solid to any techie working for T-Mo or HTC, whose job might be to check to make sure the software hasn't been tampered.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Scotty! I appreciate the response. Been hectic the last few days, but I'm gonna try to get this done this evening. You don't think "relocked" will be a big deal for a warranty claim? It's one of the main reasons I was considering going s-off first, to make sure everything looked solid to any techie working for T-Mo or HTC, whose job might be to check to make sure the software hasn't been tampered.

i dont think youll have issue. carriers have admitted they dont check for rooted devices with returns,and the camera is a prollem had with stock devices,so it was not caused by installing "faulty software"

having said that,its possible your claim could be denied. with htcdev you did check the box that you understood that unlocking the bootloader could void "all or parts of your warranty"

i dont want to make light of the potential warranty denial,nor would i want to "scare" you into s off. but having said both the above,if you are still on a firmware able to be s-offed,i would recomend it- it will remove any visual traces of having unlocked.

basic steps would be:
- s-off
-eliminate relocked and tampered watermarks
-run ruu
-turn s on(optional)

likewise,if your new phone is on an s-offable firmware- do not let it OTA. achieve s off while you can,it may be awhile,or it may not happen for the newer firmwares.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I've royally screwed my htc one up. I installed the modaco.switch on my brand new htc one (tmobile) and it worked fine for the first few minutes, then got stuck in some kind of boot loop. Well, I went into twrp to try and fix it, and ended up erasing things that shouldn't have been erased, i guess. So, now I'm just trying to get everything back to stock so I can start over. I figured doing the RUU would do that. But, I can't get the darn thing to install, both with the Windows program and using fastboot. And, I don't have S-off, but don't know how to do s-off from the fastboot menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been trying to fix this now for two days. Thanks all.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I've royally screwed my htc one up. I installed the modaco.switch on my brand new htc one (tmobile) and it worked fine for the first few minutes, then got stuck in some kind of boot loop. Well, I went into twrp to try and fix it, and ended up erasing things that shouldn't have been erased, i guess. So, now I'm just trying to get everything back to stock so I can start over. I figured doing the RUU would do that. But, I can't get the darn thing to install, both with the Windows program and using fastboot. And, I don't have S-off, but don't know how to do s-off from the fastboot menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been trying to fix this now for two days. Thanks all.

I deleted your post in the s-off thread..
This is the correct thread for your question. No need to Double Post.

I'll be glad to help you..
What error are you getting trying to run this RUU ?

Have you tried following Scotty85's instructions here:
http://androidforums.com/t-mobile-o...mobile-1-27-531-11-7-23-13-a.html#post6052690

Upvote 0
Ok, I figured out the ruu this morning. Apparently I needed to relock the bootloader before it would work. It was an easy line of code (maybe scotty85 should add that to his instructions).

So, I'm back to stock, I unlocked again, then I rooted. Now I'm trying to S-off (I know not part of this thread now). I'm going to ask my question in the s-off thread, so that it doesn't get mixed up in here. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
I am currently trying to get my HTC One m7 (tmobile) back to stock after doing a full conversion to the Google Play Edition.

- I changed my modelid back to original [HIGH]PN0713000[/HIGH].

- I changed the cid back to what I thought was the original [HIGH]TMO_001[/HIGH].

- When I then attempted to then run the command [HIGH]fastboot oem rebootRUU[/HIGH] so that I could flash the zip file I received from this thread, my pc made the sound it does when my usb is connected/disconnected, but it was half of the noise (like it was cut off) rapid fire (as if something was wrong. At the very same time, my phone screen went completely black.

- Clearly, I wasn't expecting this, but tried running the next command I had planned to [HIGH]fastboot flash zip filename.zip[/HIGH].

- My command window said that it was 'waiting for device', but nothing ever happened.

- Next, I tried to hard reset the phone by holding down the power button for a few seconds. When I did so, I got the silver HTC logo, but still no change from my command window and no progress from my phone other than the logo).

- Again I tried a hard reset. This time it booted to the 'FASTBOOT USB' screen, but still no change from my command window. It continued to read 'waiting for device'.

- Naturally, I thought maybe the CID had been wrong, so I looked further and found a different source saying that the correct one was [HIGH]T-MOB010[/HIGH] , so I closed/reopened my command window and changed the CID accordingly.

- After running the rebootRUU command again, I got the same series of events, with the double "bing" sound and the black screen.

What the heck could be going on? Any ideas?

Upvote 0
first thing that comes to mind,is to make sure you were flashing the zip file and not the .exe utility :eek:

if you had downloaded the actual zip file from shipped roms,or extracted rom.zip from the utility yourself,next thing that comes to mind is where you on the eng hboot when running the ruu? it could be an issue with the eng hboot,or maybe even the google play hboot,installing the older images.

i think next time i would try installing 1.44 hboot first,then attempt to run the ruu.

for what its worth,you dont need to change your mid/cid in order to run the play ruu. you only need those things to be correct if you want the phone to be able to OTA,so you dont really need to keep changing them back and forth.

personally,the eng hboot scares me,id leave it well enuff alone as much as possible ;)

other than that,id double check drivers,stuff running on the PC,usb cables,make sure youre not useing usb 3.0 or a hub,etc. the usually things that can screw with your adb/fastboot connections.

Upvote 0
Alright guys... I need your help badly....

I've been experiencing data connectivity issues with my htc one so I'm trying to go back tof ully stock. I was rooted, unlocked, s-on running bigxie's google play edition 4.3 rom.

I'm using a macbook air (which I used to root/unlock/flash the phone originally)

BEcause I"m using mac, I"m trying to flash the ruu.zip posted in this thread however I'm getting scary errors - I think USB errors????

I relocked the bootloader successfully.

So now I'm at the point wehre I rebootRUU

I'm on the silver HTC letters screen

I try to flash the ruu zip file...

./fastboot-mac flash zip ruu.zip
sending 'zip' (1037365 KB)... ERROR: usb_write failed with status e00002be
FAILED (data transfer failure (No such file or directory))

I try again
./fastboot-mac flash zip ruu.zip
ERROR: could not clear input pipe; result -536870163< waiting for device >

After it fails.. I have no fastboot communication to the device, like I can't fastboot reboot-bootloader

I basically power the phone down and tried again a couple times, no luck. Right now the phone is powered down and obviously if I boot up, I go right into bootloader and can't go further (beyond fastboot) - which my device is recognized when I run fastboot devices

So now I'm kinda screwed unless I find someone's damn PC to borrow. Any ideas? WHy am I getting these errors? I've tried 3 different usb cables now.

:(

Thank you!!!

Upvote 0
To restore connectivity,you could try unplug/replug,and a hard reset of the phone(hold power button until it resets)

I Personally recieved "cannot load...not enough space" errors when trying to run ruu.zip,and ended up having to run the .exe file.

Sorry,I don't have any real experience or knowedge of manipulating android from a Mac. Based on the issues I had,however,I'm afraid you may need to borrow a pc and run the .exe file.

If you're on older firmware,I might suggest trying to restore a stock nandroid and going s off to get back to stock before running this ruu. You can even replace your recovery with a stock one and.try clear storage and factory reset options from hboot. That will usually fix flaky,unstable data

Upvote 0
If I'm not able to borrow a PC, what options do I have to at least get my phone working again....

I'm not sure what "oem lock" does to the overall structure of the device.

Are all my other files on the device, like the bigxie rom I was running.

In that case, how do I get into the rom or what is my first step.

Can I fastboot the unlock command again, or what is the easiest way to re-unlock?

Once I'm unlocked, what can I do next, fastboot twrp recovery?

Alternatively, can I just fastboot TWRP recovery before re-UNlocking, and my existing backup would be in twrp and I could restore?

Thanks guys, what a mess :(

EDIT - so while googling the first error and browsing threads on XDA - it appears that it may be a problem with the fastboot-mac file I'm using (from zedomax). When I get home I'm going to try the official fastboot from android-sdk as that worked for other people. Apparently these errors seem to be very common when using mac osx

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!!!!

Ok seriously, this should be stickied for mac users. It is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE to download the android sdk from google - Android SDK | Android Developers

DO NOT use the packages you see floating around in various fastboot guides for mac where people are using fastboot-mac files. Download the latest android sdk with 4.3 updates.

After I did that, everything worked like a charm. The length of time it sat on "signature checking" made me go crazy. Just like your write up said, I got the pre-update error. Flashed again and it finished - total time 361 seconds.

Thanks guys, phew - I've had a crazy amount of devices running different roms and this made me really nervous (because I was using mac and getting those connection errors when trying to flash something like a ruu - scary).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones