• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help T mobile to Metro Pcs?

lilboat

Lurker
Aug 10, 2016
Okay, so I have a deal in place to buy a cracked iPhone 6s Plus (lets pretend it's an android) from a stranger. Yes, I know - sounds shady. I never buy electronics from people I don't know but eh. So, the screen is shattered and it doesn't turn on. I have the imei (no proof it belongs to that phone) and it's all good. Seller said the phone was on t-mobile. Do I have anything to be worried about? Can I activate a t moble phone to metro pcs (both gsm)? Will a new screen fix it?

Hi.

Yes, you can unlock your phone to use any GSM carrier. However, T-Mobile's unlock policy sets some restrictions. The one you'll really have to worry about (unless your phone has been reported as stolen or lost) is the fact that this phone has to be used by you on T-Mobile for 40 days after activation (source: https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/how-to-unlock-your-t-mobile-phone-or-tablet).

Now, as for the screen: I, or anyone else, cannot assure you that having the screen replace will turn on the device. Often times, turning on phones with a heavily damaged, unusable screen will allow the backlight to work. If your screen isn't lighting up, chances are, the phone is completely broken and not working at all. I, personally, wouldn't recommend buying it.

-Jaron

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones