• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help tab 10.1 will not turn on :/

:mad::mad:I too had this problem. Bought the tablet (galaxy tab 10.1 32GB wifi only) on Ebay at the shop from Digigood. I wanted a 32GB without the 3G and at that time (september 2011) this config was not available in the Netherlands. But 5 weeks ago at one night I put the power off and wanted to power up the next day but all I got was a black screen. Boy, have I tried all the solutions from this forum and all others on the internet but nothing worked for me. Foolishly enough I lost the warranty sign and Samsung NL offered to repair but it would cost at least 400 euro's because an entire new motherboard needed to be inserted as they say by phone. They woulnd't accept my ebay-payment proof, nor would they accept the bank print. I told them there was no way I could trick Samsung with warranty for the tablet was at the time it got stuck only for 5 months on the market! So I called Samsung UK (the company I bought the tablet from is UK) and they too wouldn't help me out. Finally I mailed Digigood and I was rather desperate for my tablet was "dead" for weeks at that time. And Guess what, the only thing I had to do was sending the tablet back and now I am getting a brand new one :adore:
Digigood at least told me I am not the only one with the problem and they told me Samsung wants to keep this silent because the galaxy 2 tab 10.1 is coming out soon and they don't want negative news issues....they also told me Samsung still has no clue what's wrong with so many 10.1 tablets...........

Upvote 0
I've run into this problem a few times. Seems to happen when I plug and unplug the charging cable while the device is in standby mode.
I've made a habit of turning the screen on and making sure the device is not in standby mode,.whenever I plug or unplug the charging cable.
Since doing this, I've yet to experience the problem again.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I mis-read your previous post. You only start charging when the screen's on. I almost always charge my tablet with the screen off. Hopefully it will carry on working.

I manually turn the screen off after the charging cable has been plugged in.
I usually don't have issues when plugging and unplugging the charging cable while the screen is on.
If not, I I've run into problems where the screen would be black with a faint glow in the background, and it won't work unless I do a force reboot.

Upvote 0
Mine happened this morning, after updating my tablet, on wifi, and after installing it, my tablet wont turn on. I get as far as the samsung word coming on for a second or two before going off... I've tried everything and nothing works =/
Hi i have the same probleme.. i tried the power button and volume down.. it appears the two icons but i can get in any of them.. please help...

Upvote 0
Found on another thread: press and hold the power button while touching the screen. May take up to 30 seconds.

Worked for me, Tab suddenly wouldnt come on or charge after working flawlessly since the day it came out.

No clue why the above works.

Great!,that's worked for me too!...likewise:D (no idea why it works) ... is there anyone from the manufacturer can answer this question??????:thinking:

Upvote 0
Found on another thread: press and hold the power button while touching the screen. May take up to 30 seconds.

Worked for me, Tab suddenly wouldnt come on or charge after working flawlessly since the day it came out.

No clue why the above works.

Not sure if I am posting this correctly, but wanted to say Thanks for this. I woke up this morning and tried to turn my tablet on to no avail. My first thought was, "Oh no. Will Costco take it back? I don't have the receipt!" Then I got on this site, read your very simple advice (how in the heck will this work I thought), but tried it. Voila! Up and running! Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Try this:. Press and hold both power and volume down buttons for 5 seconds, then release vol. down button while holding down power button for another 5 seconds, before releasing. This should reset the tab, and it should boot normally.

My battery was around 50%, was using U torrent when suddenly it froze and shut down ... would not recover even when plugged in, but tried this lil' trick nad works fine ... just noticed, batt charging at 2% ... the torrent sucked dry the batt

Upvote 0
Try this:. Press and hold both power and volume down buttons for 5 seconds, then release vol. down button while holding down power button for another 5 seconds, before releasing. This should reset the tab, and it should boot normally.

This worked... was panicking thinking of repair costs etc... google led me here and this worked... thank you...

Upvote 0
I have tried every one of the suggestions above. Nothing is working. Last night I turned it off, put the charger on it and went to bed. This morning the battery icon keeps flashing on and off and it looks like it's charging but it won't turn on or reset with any of the methods everyone else tried. It's an infinite loop of the battery icon showing it's charging. It's at around 50% and doesn't go up or down.

This is my second Tab 2. The first one got stuck on the power up Samsung screen and continued through every option described by everyone on this board. It was replace by the manager at the store where I bought it, but I had to throw a fit to get one on my replacement warranty.

Now what? I use this for school and home and a lot of my bills and cards are connected to this Tab. I am about fed up with Samsung. They said they would send me a label to be able to send it back to them. I never got it.

Upvote 0
Hi

After years without a problem my tab 2 10.1 wont start. Just getting the battery starting symbol - getting 1 yellow bar and then it just dies - repeats over and over again if on charge. Have had it on the charger and PC but nothing works. Have tried the solutions given but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any other ideas - I know that it is old tech but would like some pictures/videos off it.

Thanks

Upvote 0
If anyone can shed some light on this its appreciated.
Went on holiday with my tablet and all was well with it, charging no problem working no problem.
One day went to get it from my room and there was 7% charge in it so I put the charger on and it reported it was charging but never went over 10%
Later that day it powered off and would never come back on after that.
Came back to UK plugged it in and nothing not a peep from it no charge light no nothing.
Ordered a replacement battery and after I fitted it the tablet came back on and the charge was full. (Full battery right out the box)

Had to go to work so left it, next morning it was dead as a dodo again.
After reading some posts I ordered and replaced the usb charge ribbon and it still wont show a thing, no charge no power nothing.
Does anyone know of anything else I can try before its turned into a fancy placemat?
The holding power while volume keys pressed doesn't do a thing and I dont want to spend more money buying another battery if it isnt going to work.
Any info appreciated
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones