• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tab 2 7" Unresponsive

artbytes

Android Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2011
One of our family tablets is totally unresponsive. It's as if the battery is out. However, it won't recharge. The other, identical tablet can charge from either of the chargers, but the one in question can't charge from either charger. Therefore, it don't think it's a problem with the charger. It must be with the tablet.

Has anyone experienced this problem. That tablet was working before it the charge ran out. Now it won't respond at all.

Thanks for your help.

Before anything, assuming you have swopped over one of your other chargers to make sure it has a good charger plugged into it, leave it on charge for at least two days.....Tab2's do not like to have the battery flattened, in fact I believe should never have their battery completely flattened, there is a real danger the battery will not "re-start" again!
If that does not work then it may well be workshop time.

Upvote 0
Before anything, assuming you have swopped over one of your other chargers to make sure it has a good charger plugged into it, leave it on charge for at least two days.....Tab2's do not like to have the battery flattened, in fact I believe should never have their battery completely flattened, there is a real danger the battery will not "re-start" again!
If that does not work then it may well be workshop time.

Another thing you can try is to plug it into a USB port on your computer and try to trickle charge it and then switch to your wall charger if you can get it a few pct charged. I read somewhere that this works for a completely drained battery.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones