• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tablet shopping

jaydemir

Jun 18, 2013
I currently own a nexus 7 and an HP laptop.

I was thinking of selling both and getting a 10 inch powerhouse for basically anything I would need. My only regret is androids utter lack of decent mmorpg games. Aside from that I don't see a reason to own a laptop.

My question is, what kind of tablet?

Should I get a nexus 10? Galaxy note 10? I want something powerful for gaming that can also seemlessly run Google docs.

Should I get it with a mobile data plan? Any advice otherwise?

I'm looking for power, good pix quality,expandable memory if possible, USB and Bluetooth, mini HDMI or micro USB to HDMI compatibility, you know, the essentials. Battery life is good too.

I like being in the Google ecosystem which is why I'm not thinking about getting a surface rt.

Any feedback is helpful, mainly what should I get?

I would stick to the Nexus. Might be worthwhile to look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch released yesterday in the U.S. as well - the specs are however in my opinion a bit suspect, as there are many "droid" manufacturers in the east with better specs - obviously with Samsung you have a first world after care support structure in place.

The Tab 3 is a midrange device. You'll have to wait for the Note 10.1 successor if you want to of the line.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones