• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet will not turn on

i recently got a flytouch 3 it worked perfectly fine but yesterday i downloaded the display widget and i turned of the backlight by mistake, now the tablet starts up but goes blank when it gets to the homescreen, can someone please help me, is there anyway i could turn it back on, i was told i should reset it but i got it with some apps already preinstalled and i dont want to lose my data, please help

Upvote 0
@lani20: more than likely the data from your apps is on the SD card. The apps not so much. Honestly your best bet is a reset unless you think you can walk your way through the procedure blindly. Kind of makes me wish they opened up the ADB compatibility on this thing and then you could fix a problem like this with a PC/Laptop.

Here's the "blind" walkthrough someone posted on apad.tv(credit to Robert)
Adjusting brightness with black screen
Coordinates in cm. where tot tap the screen to adjust brightness blindly:
1) power on the Flytouch 3
2) wait for 1 minuten
3) press and hold the menu- button for 5 seconds then release (this unlockes the screen)
4) From the bottom right corner (black button on the right) tap once 3 cm from the right edgde, 1,5 cm from the bottem edge (=settings)
5) tap screen once from the top of the screen (under the web-cam) 6 cm down from top edge of screen in center of screen (these are the Display settings)
6) tap screen in the center 2 cm down from the top screen edge (10,5cm from bottom edge) for the Brightness settings
7) Swipe 6-7 cm from the top in the center, left to right
8) let there be light!

PS. Please don't SPAM the forums. Other people have issues too and if you need that much help post your own thread. Thanks.

Reactions: jannoi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones