• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Talking on EVO in car via AUX input?

p00kienrayray

May 7, 2010
Sunny SoCal
My friend claims that when he plugs his G1 into his car stereo AUX input, he can leave his phone on the dash and just make regular calls w/o using speaker phone. He says that the voice is pretty clear on the other end.

Has anyone tried this with their previous phones? More importantly, does anyone know if the mic on the EVO would be sensitive enough to make descent calls via AUX? I know that it would depend on the background noise in the cabin as well, but I just wanna know if it'll work decently in an average car. this would alleviate the need for a bluetooth headset, which i dread using.

i do this too for my hero and it works great. disadvantage is you have no radio while in all, but its pretty cool to have every speaker in your call channeling the call....make sure you get a phone cradle that does not cover the phones mic....or else this whole experience will be ruined...its better than speaker phone in the sense that its so loud and clear...

Upvote 0
cool thanks. As long as its clear enough on the other end.
I talk a lot in the car and just hate wearing a bluetooth headset. was even thinking about getting a bluetooth stereo.

the radio thing isnt a big deal because i can just swith to AUX easily when i get a call. and the cradle on my gps mount wouldn't cover the 3.5 mm jack, so i'm good.:D
also, the google navigation would work via AUX too, so voice navigation thru the car speakers is a win.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones