1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

tapatalk pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

any word more on tapa talk????? i know it has been adressed but i didnt know if ppl had a eta or know whats going on xda is still strong on there

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

After the way that issue ended on these forums, I'd be stunned if they ever allowed it to run. They were supposed to create their own, but I haven't heard a peep about that in a few months either.

3. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

XDA has their own style "tapatalk" app. Don't know if its the same app just branded for XDA. I'm using the XDA app that comes with the Redemtive Revolution ROM.

4. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member

what was the issue? I bought the Taptalk app that day that they decided to pull support. I was all happy like woot i can finally browse with ease from my phone and out of nowhere they pull support for it. Do you know what the problem was? I could never find an answer. :(

5. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I've been wondering that was well. I use the pro version on another site and it's great. I remember hearing something about security issues.

6. cookie_monster

from what i hear and googling to get a forum on tapa talk to have to talk to the "owner" of the forum to get it on there but i know one of the admins wants to have this forum on there so i dont know what the real reason is i heard something like security or somehting in that way but it didnt effect us

7. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

Be ace yo have DS on tapa

8. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I only speak English. Could you translate please?

9. RyanB

RyanB Guest

From what I'd seen (and there may be some old threads and announcements left) there was a security hole within in that allowed people's accounts here to be hacked. So, it wasb anned outright. Tapatalk claims to have fixed it, the "powers that be" still felt unsatisfied with the fix , so it remains turns off. Some users threatened to leave (and may have), but that it made zero difference.

Legato likes this.
  10. eye4ni

eye4ni Member

And it would be difficult to bombard all of us members with these ridiculous ads that phandroid has added to this forum if we were browsing on tapatalk, wtf??? Signed in today to get a huge banner ad across my screen that I had to close, then after navigating to a forum got a huge full screen advertisement.... c'mon guys, I know you gotta pay the bills but if we wanted this crap we would go over to Cnet.com.

Get rid of the stupid full screen ads...

11. RyanB

RyanB Guest

IIRC, tapatalk allows adds, so I'm doubtful that ads are the issue

12. cookie_monster

well if all else fails we protest or boycott this forum till we get it back on tapatalk.... hell if you need anyhting you can go to xda its a all in one package there what we say guys BOYCOTT

13. RyanB

RyanB Guest

14. jayhawkfan18

jayhawkfan18 Well-Known Member

I hear you can get the app that phandroid/androidforums created by becoming a premium member. It's still in the beta phase though. I've been debating on this for a while. I believe you can do a one month subscription for $5 and still get the app...

Trust me, I'd rather they just get back on Tapatalk though

15. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.