• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tapatalk weirdness

It was update (twice) this morning. So far it seems to be working quite well, I see avatars, it is very snappy and there are no 'not connecting' messages.
Yeah, I noticed the update. They haven't announced a change log, but they often don't for minor bug fixes.
Just grabbed the update. Still got missing Avatars. Not yet checked for other outstanding issues.

Edit: New issue. Tapatalk has gotten itself suck in landscape view and won't reset.
I'm not noticing that, I checked on my phone and my N7. I'll keep my eye out.;)

Upvote 0

They only support the market version on the public side of their support forums. I am shut out of asking them about branded versions. Probably makes sense as they don't want to support our app. They will only work with the site's devs on that. I try to pound away at broader TT issues that will hopefully be fixed in both.

Also, I use the beta for all mobile access to AF and am not getting any FC's. I swing over to the market version to test bugs to make sure it is truly TT bug.

Reactions: Rachel A
Upvote 0
I'm running pure Tapatalk. No themes no nothing, direct from the market.

The rotation thing only happened once and I was eventually able to escape out of it (took some work though).

Issues thus far:
Avatars not showing up sometimes
URLs cross threading
Quotes misquoting
Rotation stuck
Inline images sometimes not displaying
Occasional but annoying FCs

I'm sure there's another oddity I've hit but can't remember...

Upvote 0
Hey Pup - a new one for you.

Tapatalk seems to have issues the longer I use it. The longer it stays running, the slower it becomes until it eventually ceases itself into a FC.

This has been most apparent on the WH but had it elsewhere as well.

Didn't get this issue until a few days ago. Don't know if it's related to the marathon number of posts I've done in the last few though...

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
I bought the Tapatalk app today. The app downloaded and four times over the next ten minutes,it kept telling me that the directories could not be found. Took a look at the settings, and there was nothing there that looked relevant to my issue. With the clock running, I opted to take a refund.

Funny I have been using the XDA free version for several days without issues. After reading this thread. I am not sure I want to buy it anymore.

Upvote 0
I bought the Tapatalk app today. The app downloaded and four times over the next ten minutes,it kept telling me that the directories could not be found. Took a look at the settings, and there was nothing there that looked relevant to my issue. With the clock running, I opted to take a refund.

Funny I have been using the XDA free version for several days without issues. After reading this thread. I am not sure I want to buy it anymore.

I don't blame you. I bought the original tapatalk almost 2 years ago, and at that time it worked great. If I had bought it now and it acted the way it has been acting recently I would've gotten a refund immediately, as it is totally unacceptable the way it is now.
The saddest part is that I don't think they care, it's just a bunch of passing the buck and putting the blame elsewhere when it is an issue on tapatalk's side completely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones