• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Task Application with Email Integration

brav0zulu

Lurker
Jul 6, 2010
Hey all. Searched and read through all of the posts I could find about tasks, this one didn't seem to have been asked.
I am a recent lifetime, primarily business, Blackberry convert (who's impressed by Android right down to my Swype keyboard).
I have been on the search for a good task management app that integrates well with my messages (Live Exchange), and basically allows me to forward a message to my task list right from the message itself. Basically I want to open the email, determine it is a task that I need to get to later, and forward it to my task app.
I know there is a rough way to do it with RTM by forwarding to my RTM inbox email address, and that's sort of okay, but RTM truncates the message severely, and I tend to lose all of the detail I need.
I know Astrid is supposed to be great, but is there any way to better integrate with my device so that I don't have to manually enter all of the task details when they are already in the email message?
My apologies if this is at all unclear, I guess I'm just wondering what tricks anyone has to easily open tasks.
Thanks.

I used an app like that in the past and tried to find it but did not have time to do it.

I searched for a to-do app in the past and I remember trying on of those apps and it had an option of specifying a word/ string in the subject line of the email and it would then pick up that email from your Google Mail app and make a task out of it.

I really do not remember which app was that as I tried a lot of them, maybe someone will be able to com up with the name.

P.S. If you search for to do, to-do and tasks in the Market and look through those apps there you will find it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones