• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker location questions

ergalthema

Nov 12, 2009
For example, I set Home location at a 1km radius using Net (cell towers right?) and have a profile to turn WiFi on and turn silent mode off.

1. Will that bring the ringer/notification volume back to where it was before silent mode was turned on?

2. How to I make Tasker turn off WiFi and switch silent mode to vibrate when I leave Home? I created a profile with Home location and tasks of WiFi off and silent mode to vibrate, then long-pressed to change it to "Move to Exit". However, I'm now at Home and Tasker has both the "at Home" and "Leave Home" profiles active at the same time. Is that correct?

3. If I change a setting that Tasker programmed to change, will Tasker change it back after a certain time? For example, if I'm home and turn off my WiFi, it seems to stay off even though Tasker is programmed to turn WiFi on at home. I'm sure there are at least settings somewhere to force Tasker to turn WiFi back on after a specified amount of time. I'm just wondering if, by default, anything I do manually will override the Tasker setting. Volume too? (If I accidentally turn my ringer on at work, Tasker won't turn it back to silent by default? I have to add that in settings somewhere if I want it force silent always at work?)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones