• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker stops working after awhile

berky93

Sep 11, 2010
I've noticed a problem with Tasker. Often (as in, more than once a day) it just stops working. Tasks simply don't occur when they are triggered, even when I press "test." A reboot fixes the problem, but I never know if its necessary until some important task doesn't run. And I shouldn't have to reboot every four hours to keep basic functions working. Is there a way to fix this?

I THINK I have it working again. Or, at least, it hasn't had the problem all day. I cleared the app data (after backing up my profile of course) and set the app to run in the foreground. I DID have a system monitor/task killer that I uninstalled, but the problem persisted after that so I don't believe it was the cause. I'm not going to reinstall it anyway just in case.

Upvote 0
That is most likely what it was. This is from Tasker's help screen for that option:

"When it runs in the foreground, it's unlikely to be destroyed by Android when resources on the device are low, and so likely to be more reliable."

Although, it would be nice to do away with the text in the notification bar altogether.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones