• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Terminology

Nightvein

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
I just finished my java course and I am in a software class and one of our assignments is creating an app for Android, except I am unversed in swing, as well as the Android SDK. So...is there any mnemonics that can help me memorize these things or basic terminology about the Android API syntax? Like what exactly is activity? What exactly is intent? Does everything basically work the same as in Java? What is a listener? Also on the XML generated files, if one alters their java file, does one have to somehow alter their XML files as well? I am not versed in XML as well, but it looks very similar to JavaScript which I am familiar with. I know what GUI is, but I am also having problems with creating a GUI for my app.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones