• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

terrible keyboard

You think the stock is bad you should try Swiftkey! Personally I quite like the stock. This doesn't exactly answer your question I know but I've given all the other keyboards a chance and none of them are as good as the stock imo.

Most people find SwiftKey to be one of the best keyboards out right now.. the whole point in the thing is you shouldn't have to tap many keys :p

Upvote 0
calibration doesnt do much... i mean u can get used to it, but the ease of use compared to iphone... wow... thats a difference. htc keyboard sucks.
EH???
Most reviews and posts from new users say the HTC keyboard is one of the best.

I came from an iPhone 3G and the HTC keyboard is a lot better. It predicts much better and there's a lot more functions right on the first set of keys. The haptic feedback is also nice to confirm keystrokes. I think you need to get used to it, that's all.

Upvote 0
Most people find SwiftKey to be one of the best keyboards out right now.. the whole point in the thing is you shouldn't have to tap many keys :p

Most people?

I tried it for 3 days thinking it was still "learning" but if anything it got worse with use. The predictive "feature" just isn't a benefit. Sometimes the predictive text would work ok but when it didn't it was just infuriating, you'd type the most straight forward word and swiftkey would predict that you wanted something completely different which meant that you had to delete the predicted word and start typing the word again. I wanted to like swiftkey but I certainly won't be going back to it. I'll stick with the stock. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones