text box full???

Last Updated:

1. ladybuglover

ladybuglover New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the motorola droid and my daughter has the lg ally..... we have both been getting a message saying that our text box is full..... however it is not......... we both rebooted and now mine is fine...... but she is continually getting the full message and cannot receive any new messages..... we have tried upping the limit and rebooting several times.....HELP!!!:confused:

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Are you getting a text message? or is it a notification from Android? If its a text, it could be a spam text service, or something being sent from your provider.

ladybuglover likes this.
  3. ladybuglover

ladybuglover New Member This Topic's Starter

It is a notification from android but she is not able to receive any new messages

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Well have you tried deleting all the texts? Maybe there is a corrupted text that is using all the memory.

5. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I didn't know there were limits to the text inbox. But maybe you 2 are crazy texters:D

Do you have a lot of MMS messages? Thos do take up a lot of space. Try deleteing those.
    For SMS, i use an app called AutoDeleteSMS. You can set it to delete messages after certain amount of days. So even if you like keeping them for a while, you can set it do delete messages after 14 days, or whatever you want.
    I have mine set at 5 days.

6. daniturn3

daniturn3 Member

dont know what i did but i can hold thousands i had 5,000 message at one point and still had space for more but updated rom and it deletes them all

7. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I've never had that many. But many members here have reported that having large amount of texts on their phone causes lag and force close issues.
    I would reccomend to start deleting some using the app I mentioned in my previous post.

8. daniturn3

daniturn3 Member

never had problem with force close because of it little lag but nothing new