1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Text from VM about changes on 8/1/13

1. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

Received a text from VM today about changes to the terms of service beginning 8/1/13. Text said to go to the website to read. Went to site and couldn't find anything about the changes. Anyone know what this is about? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. aml1025

aml1025 Well-Known Member

Did they include a link in the text, as they often do? If so, can you post it?
  3. tcomotcom

tcomotcom Well-Known Member

aml1025 and m-cman like this.
  4. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

Read most of it but got too bored. :rolleyes: Wonder what has changed? :confused:
  5. vorear

vorear New Member

We may change any part of the Agreement at any time, including, but not limited to, rates, charges, how we calculate charges, discounts, coverage, technologies used to provide services, or your terms of Service.

Anyone know the URL of the old agreement?
  6. vorear

vorear New Member

Here is an EULA analysis: License Analysis

Flesch Score:15.83 [​IMG]Flesch Grade:19 : Beyond Twelfth Grade reading level [​IMG]Automated Readability Index:23 : Beyond Twelfth Grade reading level [​IMG]Coleman-Liau Index:21 : Beyond Twelfth Grade reading level [​IMG]Gunning-Fog Index:48 : Beyond Twelfth Grade reading level
  7. tcomotcom

I edited my post above with links to both the current and the new T&C's.
  8. warrior12

warrior12 Well-Known Member

I saw something about Roaming. It said roaming may be within or outside of our network. Not sure if thats hinting anything.
  9. tcomotcom

The T&C's have included a roaming section for the last couple of years, if not longer. I wouldn't read anything into it.

I assume that they include that info to cover their back sides in situations where a network error allows a person's phone to roam onto another provider's network. It's not supposed to happen and usually doesn't, but if it does, the T&C's are in place.
  10. mrnyjet

mrnyjet Well-Known Member

it also says that modifying the device, such as rooting, is not allowed. I dont, but they dont want you removing their apps. I just disable them/bloatware.
  11. DMedina559

DMedina559 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about that. Carriers and manufacturers can't penalize users for rooting, ROMing since it is officially legal.
  12. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member

Their own terms & conditions can be more restrictive than the law; in fact that's the entire nature of having their own terms & conditions. That said, they'd be hurting themselves if they did enforce that strictly, so they won't.