• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help text message errorwhen i send a text message i get an error that says message sent using invalid num

I have got the same error on a couple of people.
At first I thought I had the contact saved wrong.
But it wasn't that. It happens when replying to a message that was received.
I have had it happen on 2 separate text message threads. And it is definitely reoccurring.
I can't figure out how to get it to go away.

Try this it worked for me,i was getting 100 txt every five mins. This is wht i did call sprint have thm do a short code block, thn reset for ur self, thn download Anti-virus pro this apt cleans everythg, and ur contacts and it dont erase any of ur contacts it just checks to make sure thrs nothing wrong so try this it was the only thg tht worked for me and i tried everythg

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have the same problem---and cannot text my wife (we text throughout the day) and I cannot figure out a solution. If anyone resolves this, please post! Driving me batty since April 7th.
Could it be related to a virus or app bug?

Thanks!
Kossack

Download Ant-virus pro this app cleans everythg it even cleans ur contacts it will not delete thm and call sprint have thm do a short code block on ur phone to i tried it all i was getting 100 txt every five mins and i download tht app and as soon as i used the app the txt stoped. Hope this helps z let me knw if it helps u will have to pay i thk 3.99 for the app but it worth it.

Upvote 0
I was getting 100 of the txt every five mins, i called sprint and had thm do a short code block, the i reset my phone my self, and thn i download the anit-virus pro and as soon as i used the app the txt sto. Try thisit was the only thg tht worked for m. Let me knw if this works for anyone eles.. The app cleans everythg it will clean u contacts but it will not delet ur contat so hope this works for yall

Upvote 0
This error message seems to happen now with other phones - the Photon, HTC Evo 3D, etc. So now it seems to be more of a widespread issue than I originally thought.

Anyway I upgraded my Epic to Gingerbread, and thought the issue was all fixed. However it happened randomly to two contacts while sending SMS... :thinking:

Fortunately with GB all I had to do was delete the SMS thread, and I could send regular SMS once again after that. In Froyo the error would persist even though I deleted the SMS thread, so it seems to be somewhat improved in GB. There must be a combination of Sprint network issue along with Android that causes this issue to happen to multiple phones.

Upvote 0
This worked for me. It will remove your old text messages (and call history probably), but leave your contacts unchanged.

1. Delete the message thread for the contact causing the issue. I'm not 100% sure this is necessary.
  2. Click the Home button to go to the main screen.
  3. Go to Settings >> Applications.
  4. Choose the All tab to show all installed applications, including system and preinstalled apps.
  5. Find the application named Dialer, and tap it.
  6. Click the Clear Data button, and then Yes on the confirmation dialog.
  7. Find the application named Dialer Storage, and tap it.
  8. Click the Clear Data button, and then Yes on the confirmation dialog.
You should be good to go now.

I became soooo frustrated with this glitched! So i tried the above and it most certaintly worked :) Thanks!

Upvote 0
I read & try all the previous posts except for the anti-virus because I only send/receive text including email.

I even reset the phone but got the issue again.

I solve this by doing the htc updates, they may not work when cell is busy texting.

This is how I solve it:

00- -WIFI NEEDS TO BE ON!!!

01- Turn off the phone
02- Take your Sim card out
03- In your Home screen click the [3strripes button]
04- Touch <settings>
05- Scroll~ to the botton
06- Touch <About phone>
07- Touch <HTC Software updates>
08- Touch <Check now>
09- Wait for all to be done
10- Turn Off phone
11- Install Sim card
12- Power On cell...
13- HOPE THIS WORKS

Upvote 0
I was having a similar problem. I kept trying to send a text to this same contact and I got the message that the contact was invalid (it didn't mention # of digits though). I got a text from that number but couldnt send. I finally noticed that there was a space after one of the numbers. I deleted all the previous text attempts and thread and deleted the space in the contact's number. Then tried again and the text finally went through. Hopefully this helps.

Upvote 0
I was having a similar problem. I kept trying to send a text to this same contact and I got the message that the contact was invalid (it didn't mention # of digits though). I got a text from that number but couldnt send. I finally noticed that there was a space after one of the numbers. I deleted all the previous text attempts and thread and deleted the space in the contact's number. Then tried again and the text finally went through. Hopefully this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones