• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Message Time Question

tragicheart

Aug 23, 2009
I was sure I saw a thread on this sometime ago, but I can't seem to find it, so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.

When I send out text messages, the time is correct, but when I receive them, the time that it says it was sent is almost 5hours off.

Anyone have any ideas to this?

I was sure I saw a thread on this sometime ago, but I can't seem to find it, so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.

When I send out text messages, the time is correct, but when I receive them, the time that it says it was sent is almost 5hours off.

Anyone have any ideas to this?

Have you checked your settings for time and TimeZone ... after that be sure to reboot phone ...

If you are on Rogers ...Canada ... i think their towers OR the OS software doesn't properly update time on the phone if you have the phone set to get time from the system ...

Upvote 0
im assuming you have a rogers magic running a hero rom? I have the same problem if so.. mine works normal on magic rom but on hero rom it is 4 hours behind.. what i did is goto date and time settings turn off automatic time update changed my timezone from est to azores which is +0 GMT then manually set your time..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones