• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text to email addresses

i just composed an SMS and sent it to my gmail adress got it within seconds, however when i tried replying from my email to the message my phone didnt get it. hope this helps im using the M919N S4

--EDIT--

Got the reply from my gmail account to my s4 on the sms conversation 3 minutes after
So it works both ways for me.
In my case its:
1+phonenumber@mymetropcs.com i.e17894562222@mymetropcs.com
and for the email simply type in your email addess on the recipient of the compose SMS(as if it were a phone number)

Upvote 0
i just composed an SMS and sent it to my gmail adress got it within seconds, however when i tried replying from my email to the message my phone didnt get it. hope this helps im using the M919N S4

--EDIT--

Got the reply from my gmail account to my s4 on the sms conversation 3 minutes after
So it works both ways for me.
In my case its:
1+phonenumber@mymetropcs.com i.e17894562222@mymetropcs.com
and for the email simply type in your email addess on the recipient of the compose SMS(as if it were a phone number)
Thanks, we all tried it with the 1 in front it worked, prior we didnt have to add the 1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones