• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best android phone out now

Best is relative. The great thing about Android is the number of choices available. For me, "best" means
- Verizon network (because it works best where I live and work)
- large clear screen (aging is a bee-itch)
- Android 2.2 or later (better outlook and IMAP integration)
- Swype input method
- CDMA/GSM capable

So for me, there is no "best" phone. I use the Droid X and love it because it hits all points except the last one. YMMV.

Upvote 0
In in your opinion is the best android phone out to date
I am doing a research paper where i basically have a android vs iphone topic and i need to find out others opinions on what they think the best is
So it's really a paper on device popularity then since you're just polling for opinions. If you're looking to compare to determine the "best" then you'll need to specify the criteria used to define best in your case. Are you just spec sheet racing or looking for specific real world applications to see which is best in a given application?

The truth is any Android phone > iPhone.
That's your opinion. The truth is that best is always subjective and that applies to everything -- not just smarthphones. There are certainly those who would be best suited to the iPhone whether you find the iPhone to be best for you or not.

Anyone saying otherwise is a fanboy or selling something. If any product was absolutely the best of it's type then everyone would be using that product. That's not the case obviously. I mean, I think my car's the best as it provides the experience, performance and reliability that I want for the price I'm willing to pay. However, it's not going to be the best for someone who needs to haul around a bunch of kids or someone that needs to haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood or someone who has an entirely different budget, etc etc etc. Contexts and needs/wants matter when you're performing such comparisons. Again, it doesn't matter what the topic is, the options have to compared on a specific criterion-by-criterion basis or else the comparison is meaningless and you get statements like "Android > iPhone", "iPhone > Android" and so on.

Upvote 0
Define "best."
Most Powerful (stock) = MyTouch 4G
Most Powerful (rooted/hacked) = Epic 4G (or pretty much any Galaxy S)
Best Looking = DROID X (Opinion, of course)
Best Screen = Galaxy S
Best Keyboard = G2
(I've only touched one of these devices, these opinions are based on research alone)

It all depends on what you want the best of. And yes, focus more on software, because hardware isn't all that different between the iPhone 4 and the high-end Androids. Software is really where Android wipes the floor with iOS. And don't just compare Froyo and iOS4, compare both OSes in general.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones