• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best note-taker app?

I would like an easy app, which permit to take notes, change their background color, (similar to the default one from Android devices, but I would also like it to add tags and above all to sync it somehow in order to see my notes online from my PC).
It would also be good if it could send a notification from the calendar whenever I need them to, and to be able to create checklists too.
Thnaks!!!
PS: I've already used Evernote, and I think it is a really good app, but I've got a Galaxy Mini, and the fonts seem to be pretty small. Besides, I think that the color system which I told before may help quite a lot in order to organize the notes somehow by topics or importance, instead of just adding tags to them and displaying they all together.
Thanks again!

Hi, Loverofmanutd! You can try using OneNote! On your PC, phone, or the web, OneNote can be installed everywhere. Microsoft OneNote Mobile for Android is a note-taking app for capturing all of your ideas and to-dos on the go, brought to you by Microsoft Office. Furthermore, it creates notes with text, pictures, and bullets. Make and manage to-do lists with checkboxes. Then keep your notes in sync using free Microsoft SkyDrive

Upvote 0
OneNote is like the best desktop note app EVER. Nothing comes close, especially now that it has mobile apps. Granted the mobile app is better as a reader than a productivity app IMO since its not yet fully features. It also syncs pretty nicely. I write on OneNote during classes, then in the library I open my tablet and all my notes are there complete with the pictures, as OneNote syncs to servers as you type.

Upvote 0
I could say Springpad, but they really messed that app up bad. Last time I tried to use it, it just kept force closing. Just downloaded Mobisle Notes, haven't really had the chance to take it on a full test drive, but seems like a simple, lightweight option.

OneNote looks pretty interesting. How does it compare overall with Evernote?

Upvote 0
OneNote on Desktop PC is lightyears ahead of Evernote. The problem is that the mobile app is lacking in a lot of features for now since its pretty new. Basically I use both, but OneNote on my tab is basically used as reader for the lectures I take note of using my laptop, and I use Evernote for more random notes or reminders (I share the Evernote notes to Astrid so it links with tasks.

Upvote 0
Looked at a lot of note taking apps. Finally settled on Evernote.
Others pop up with interesting features but Evernote is solid for me. Once you take a lot of notes and record a lot of data on Evernote (or any other note app) it is messy to switch.
Like marriage, you have to decide and stick to one...... Jumping around is counter productive.
Jon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones