1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

The best SMS app for my needs

Last Updated:

1. xenon5

xenon5 New Member This Topic's Starter

The default sms app is extremely annoying. I have 2 major problems with it. The first is you can't cancel a message once you send it and I hit enter by mistake all the time. The other problem is how it only notifies you of a new text once. I would love an app that gives me the option for a dialog box that asks "Are you sure?" every time I send a text to prevent misfires, and an option for the phone to make noise every 15 minutes when I get a new text until I check it. The confirmation box is more important.

Anyone know an app like this?

Advertisement
  2. Michelle666

Michelle666 Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure this would do what you want, but handcent is very good. This is what a lot of people use!

3. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

Never saw an text app that will give you a "last chance" opportunity to decide "if you're sure" in sending a message. I've setup Handcent to notify me of new texts and if I remember correctly, will keep on bugging me with vibrate/sound/flashing LED light periodically (on my Incredible) until I read it.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I think there is something like 'Stop Drunk Texts'. It is a paid app that will display confirmation dialogues for each text.

5. ComputingFroggy

ComputingFroggy Member

At least with Handcent, hiting return will not send the SMS: you will need to tap the Send button for that. But AFAIK once you hit the button, the SMS is gone !

6. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

There is NO WAY to recall a text message that has been sent. It isn't like text messaging uses an exchange server. Send a text and you're SOL, it's gone.

I use handcent on my Vibrant and don't get any reminder notifications. I get the initial notification and that's it. And I do have reminders set. Might be a Vibrant issue.

7. xenon5

xenon5 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hence the request for a dialog box. But with my old phones you could cancel a text if you hit cancel immediately after sending it