• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best SMS app for my needs

xenon5

Lurker
Sep 17, 2010
The default sms app is extremely annoying. I have 2 major problems with it. The first is you can't cancel a message once you send it and I hit enter by mistake all the time. The other problem is how it only notifies you of a new text once. I would love an app that gives me the option for a dialog box that asks "Are you sure?" every time I send a text to prevent misfires, and an option for the phone to make noise every 15 minutes when I get a new text until I check it. The confirmation box is more important.

Anyone know an app like this?

There is NO WAY to recall a text message that has been sent. It isn't like text messaging uses an exchange server. Send a text and you're SOL, it's gone.

I use handcent on my Vibrant and don't get any reminder notifications. I get the initial notification and that's it. And I do have reminders set. Might be a Vibrant issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones