• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I Love My Custom Media Dock" Thread

I've been holding out on posting this, but this is a droid dock I built with built-in usb power/data connector, and magnetic dock activation for my 81' Porsche 911. I can post some construction photo's if anybody wants them. The Droid slides down onto the usb jack and the dock is plugged into a usb cable routed behind the dash from the stereo. The stereo does pretty good with hot switching between calls mp3, and navigation w/bluetooth. At least I don't get hands free tickets, but the speeders, well... too bad the droid won't do radar detector yet.
I have been checking into a dock for my truck and/or bike. Planned on trying to build one as well.

I was curious if you woudl share with me what app you are showing on your home screen that lays it out like that?

Also, I of course still have my regular stock stereo in my truck so I doubt I have an USB option. Is there any other way anyone knows of to adapt to car stereo for hands free with the droid?

Sorry for my dumb questions but I am a Droid newbie and mostly a technology newbie...lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones