• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The long awaited WWE ROM update for the HTC Hero has leaked!

Is this update the SAME update that will eventually be released OFFICIALLY by HTC?

To quote the release notes for the MoDaCo Custom ROM found here:

"This ROM is based on the Generic 2.73.405.5 release version of the 'new update' (together with my own optimisations) for the best possible performance!"

However the generic 2.73.405.5 ROM is available either pre-rooted (as an update.zip) or completely stock (as an RUU installer). I believe the latter will be what appears on the HTC support site eventually.

Upvote 0
Surely not! :eek: ;)

I too am waiting for the "official" release. I am too old for hacking around and I just want my phone to work! Hopefully Orange will release their version shortly afterwards...

With regards the Apps checkout thing I asked HTC about this and they didn't seem at all bothered - it seems that they expect you to register it with Google first...

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm running Modaco 2.2 and this morning when my trusty alarm was supposed to go off it didn't. The screen was showing that the alarm was going off, but their was no sound at all, and on the bottom of the screen it said something like no alarm sounds on SD (Why is it looking at the SD?). Now I've tried recreating the issue, but I can't get the error up again but definitely no sound being played whatever alarm tone I choose. I've tried rebooting the phone and messing with the volume but no luck.

Has anyone got the same problem with this build?

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm running Modaco 2.2 and this morning when my trusty alarm was supposed to go off it didn't. The screen was showing that the alarm was going off, but their was no sound at all, and on the bottom of the screen it said something like no alarm sounds on SD (Why is it looking at the SD?). Now I've tried recreating the issue, but I can't get the error up again but definitely no sound being played whatever alarm tone I choose. I've tried rebooting the phone and messing with the volume but no luck.

Has anyone got the same problem with this build?

This sounds a bit like the problem that I got with my phone for a bit using the original stock Orange ROM. All sounds would stop and if I looked at the settings, I would see Unknown Ringtone. Usually a reboot would solve the problem, but I eventually deleted all Contact Ringtones and the problem went away. Additional ringtones are stored on the SD card in a special folder structure so perhaps the phone was expecting to find something there?

J

Upvote 0
This sounds a bit like the problem that I got with my phone for a bit using the original stock Orange ROM. All sounds would stop and if I looked at the settings, I would see Unknown Ringtone. Usually a reboot would solve the problem, but I eventually deleted all Contact Ringtones and the problem went away. Additional ringtones are stored on the SD card in a special folder structure so perhaps the phone was expecting to find something there?

J

Well I wonder if the alarm application has now been installed on the SD card as I created an EXT3 partition. Maybe the alarm app is looking for the tones there becuase they are def installed on the phone under /system/media/alarms. Question is, where would I put that folder on my SD card so it picks them up. I think some testing is required.

Upvote 0
Hi to all on this fantastic site.

Im loving my hero, it is rooted thanks to the unlockr.coms "how to root in one click", i loaded the modaco rom 2.1 but i am looking to update to the latest 2.3. I also have a 16 gb class 6 sd coming in the post. should i wait to update to 2.3 until the new card is in? or not? I also want to do the sd card partition thingy, what is the best order to do it in? and the best way to partition a new card.
My other question is if i wanted to send the phone back - how would i unroot, i did a nandroid backup after i loaded the 2.2 and not before which i think was wrong?
So to get back to a virgin phone if needed could i just load the latest official rom and that would be done? Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
hello,

iam finally hope to get a final answer here of my problem.
i already spent like 15 hours of searching in the internet for my problem but up to know i couldnt get help.

the thing is :

i updated my htc hero to the newest version of 2.73.405.5 and iam wondering if the bug where you don't get all sms is being solved with that.

i updated the rom via HTC sync software and executed the update by double klicking it ( windows vista operating system ).

i heard in another forum that i first have to "wipe" the phone before updating it. but i either dont know what does this mean or how to do this.

i dont have developer software or other kits or custom ROMs on the phone.
i just updated it the normal nooby way via htc sync software.

now , i just would like to know if the "sms bug" is now solved after that update or do i still have a problem ?

thanks so much for help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones