• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Samsung Behold II Update has started From Tmobile Forum

Back on 3g now (not sure if that matters) and played around with DM again.

I got the arrows to come back. I was forced to choose 1 hour, or 3 hours, etc. so I choose 1 hour.

It says it's going to start in an hour. Will it reallY? REALL?

are you all as in suspense as I am?

Instead of choosing any of those options just hit the back button (on your phone) and it should just tell you something like, "Congratulations you have a new update blah blah blah" and just hit "OK".

Upvote 0

I got the arrows to come back. I was forced to choose 1 hour, or 3 hours, etc. so I choose 1 hour.

Tried it on 3G yesterday and got nothing. Pushing the back button rather than choosing a time frame really cuts down on the waiting game. Seriously, Edge, Wifi, 3G, nothing has worked. This update is a cluster&*@# of the highest order.

I'm beginning to feel that instead of killing ourselves trying to get the update, we should start organizing some sort of resistance movement. You know, all calling T-Mobile at once, taking turns Executive Email Carpet bombing everyday on a set schedule, that sort of thing. This is getting out of hand and, as melodramatic as this sounds, we've been put through enough.

You've got T-Mobile CSRs lying through their teeth (or they are honestly clueless, which is just as bad) telling most of the posters on the T-Mobile forum that the update is being pushed by Google or sometimes they blame Samsung. Again and again people are reporting that they've called three and four times and each time the CSR had no idea what was going on and rather than admit that, played pass the buck or told them that no such update exists. It's really beginning to piss me off.

I mean, where do you draw the line?

Upvote 0

Man I hope it works for you, I had it to where it was downloadin and I lost my connection, so it stopped and screwed up the whole thing, now i cant get it to redownload!

Upvote 0
I'm beginning to feel that instead of killing ourselves trying to get the update, we should start organizing some sort of resistance movement. You know, all calling T-Mobile at once, taking turns Executive Email Carpet bombing everyday on a set schedule, that sort of thing.

Alrighty, it's ON! How do we best FLOOD their email inbox.

Can someone dig around and get a phone number to a main Tmo headquarters? It's not hard to get around the gatekeeper in these places. Call up and say you're the CEO's proctologist and need to talk with him directly.

Or, if we simply bombard a secretary all day, she's going to say something to someone. I've got free time tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
arrows came back upon restart...and promptly did diddly squat.

This is pointless. Root is my only hope.

Same here. I'm going to try again during the supposed time frame of 11pm-6am, and if I get nowhere I'm going to try my best to get T-Mobile to either help me out or set me up with a different, NON-Samsung phone. I'm pretty sure I won't get the latter to happen, but I'm at my wits end.

I'm really not much of a tech person so rooting my phone just seems like a sure-fire way for me to break the phone and end up phone-less (as I cannot afford to buy a new phone now). :eek:

Upvote 0
Paul 89 you probably already have the update on your phone try to get it installed using the Dev Managaer thingie. For me it downloaded "something" for 10 mins or so and then the arrows went away and nothing happened. But when I did the Dev Manager trick it started installing the update after restart. I think it might be a problem with the installer from the OTA.

Upvote 0
Ok i did the whole DM thing and now the arrows have been up and running for 3 hrs, i tried to reboot 3 times and got nothing, but each time i reboot the arrows come back and all it say's is "DM session connecting" i cant tell if the phone is downloading but it doesn't seem like it is, normally my 3g symbol is blinking from blue to red if its active but its not doing anything.

Upvote 0
Did this at 2pm The arrows have to be on for longer than a few minutes in order to have really downloaded something.

ya i did it twice with Device manager and then after like 10 mins the arrows went away, and when i looked at results it showed that something was downloaded, but at the very bottom it said server error, so i assumed that the download failed or didnt finish! So i did a factory restore and tried again and after a few trys it downloaded for 10 mins and had the same error in results! Factory restore... and now it wont even download it at all!

Upvote 0
Ok i did the whole DM thing and now the arrows have been up and running for 3 hrs, i tried to reboot 3 times and got nothing, but each time i reboot the arrows come back and all it say's is "DM session connecting" i cant tell if the phone is downloading but it doesn't seem like it is, normally my 3g symbol is blinking from blue to red if its active but its not doing anything.

Yeah its downloading the update to your phone, it would be best to wait it out and not interrupt anything until the arrows go away or you get a messages saying you have an update waiting. And also turn off any taskillers you might have on.

Upvote 0
Well i can only hope than this works, also to let you guys know i did the DM thing a little different from what was posted.
When i first started it i hit Device Management on my home screen then "Start DM" and as soon as the arrows came up i hit "Menu" Button on my phone and quickly hit "Software update" in the options menu. i think my phone restarted but i cant remember (sorry) i hope this help's.

Upvote 0
Well i can only hope than this works, also to let you guys know i did the DM thing a little different from what was posted.
When i first started it i hit Device Management on my home screen then "Start DM" and as soon as the arrows came up i hit "Menu" Button on my phone and quickly hit "Software update" in the options menu. i think my phone restarted but i cant remember (sorry) i hope this help's.

thanks for the tip... trying it now! I hit 1 hour and the arrows are not going away but no activity on data connection..hope this works!

Upvote 0
Personally, I've given up on trying to force the update through using DM. I've seen all the messages: you have the update, will reboot in X seconds; you have the update, but your batter is too low, postpone, etc. It's my sad belief at this point that you can't force it to install any earlier than TMO would otherwise have sent it to you.

What I don't understand is why it takes so long. The update can't be that large in size relative to what people send/receive on their unlimited data plans, and we all know the BH2 was not a monumental seller, so how could it take more than a week to push the update to all our phones???

Upvote 0

sorry for the more than likely obsurd question, i'm still very very new with this phone, but i cannot seem to find the device management. is it an item from the market or is it some where built on to the phone and i'm just not seeing it?

thanks for all the help

Upvote 0
sorry for the more than likely obsurd question, i'm still very very new with this phone, but i cannot seem to find the device management. is it an item from the market or is it some where built on to the phone and i'm just not seeing it?

thanks for all the help
download Any Cut from market=> open it=>create shortcut=>activity=> Device Manager. You should run the stock rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones