The Tablet Tavern

Last Updated: 2015-05-10 14:14:35
  1. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I really am looking forward to the Asus AIO being released to see if anything comes of it. Being able to dual-boot Win8 & Android sounds great, but I imagine that device will be locked tight because of MS. I hope that the dev community can dissect it's method of dual-booting because most of the methods currently are kind of messy.

Advertisement
  2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

So is everyone stocked up and ready for the big game. ;):beer::beer::beer:
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I am, and this bowling contest is hilarious. Can really see how tough bowling truly is.
  4. Liamo_210

Bowling's great craic with mates. Never seen a professional contest. :rolleyes:
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

6. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

Leaving Hong Kong soon:beer:
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I've got Win 8 on a laptop here, it's not touch screen, so I just never use the Metro UI, it's always in Classic mode. However it would seem to work really well in a kiosk environment. Like the karaoke machine we were using last night. It was really smooth, looked good, and easy to use and intuitive, unlike some other karaoke machines. Probably would be the same for other touch screen kiosk uses, like airport check-in machines, phone top-up vending machines, ticket vending, information terminals for museums, ATMs, etc.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

How long you been in HK, was it vacation? Getting a suit made perhaps? :D
  9. wyndslash

Vacation lol. Arrived last Friday.
  10. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

11. wyndslash

12. wyndslash

I just dropped my phone flat on its back on the floor. Thank goodness for cases:(
  13. breadnatty08

14. jludwig57

jludwig57 Well-Known Member

15. breadnatty08

I ya ever make it to DC, I'll be sure to hook you up with some great pizza. :)
  16. wyndslash

Yeeees. Free pizza!!:beer::beer:
  17. breadnatty08

^ We have some great beers too. ;):D
  18. Liamo_210

I'm in my way , I'm in the mood for some good pizza. :D
  19. Liamo_210

So how's everyone this evening. Havant been around much today so I got a lot to catch up one around the forums. :D
  20. Liamo_210

Snow in febuary. What u talking about Willis. :confused::eek::D
  21. breadnatty08

It couldn't be more slow here. About to kill myself watching the clock. Ugh. :(
    After the chaos that was yesterday it's hard to transition. Plus, it's Restaurant Week here in DC which means tons of folks going out to high end restaurants for a cheap meal. We're not participating so we're only negatively affected. Bah, just want to go to bed.
  22. wyndslash

Why not join in?
  23. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

Um... No, it's bad on phones, too. My mom had one and the functionality was just awful. Finally sold her on Android this past weekend :)