• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tablet Tavern

Liamo_210

Android Expert
Apr 30, 2011
Ireland
So i was was browsing these forums and noticed us tablet owners do not have a place for relaxing and general discussion. So i decided to start a thread for this reason but unlike the watering holes on these forums i am not going to discriminate between tablets.All are welcome and i officially announce this thread to be open so come on in and have a good time as all your worries become a distant memory. :party: :congrats:

I wonder how long it will take us to get to 1000 posts

images

More watering holes I need to join, eh? Sounds GREAT! :)
Have a few tablets myself though I find myself using my N7 the most. The Prime is collecting dust, the Nook Color is pretty much 6 feet under and my Flyer is my bedside clock. :D
So, I'll get the ball rolling. What's everyone's favorite games that look best on a tablet? A fellow staff member turned me on to Plague Inc and I love it. Not a fan of in app purchases but it's just a buck or so to unlock the full version.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.plagueinc

Upvote 0
Riptide gp and dead space are both great games graphic wise and shine runner isnt too far behind.
World of goo is a must for tablet owners i was sceptical at first i thought it looked too simple and even stupid but i couldnt of been more wrong. You get completely caught up in the story line and the game realy gets to you. I would say its well worth the price there is also a demo.

Dread thanks for the link to that game i might just try it.

Upvote 0
I got the original Eee Pad Transformer with the keyboard dock. I use it more than my PC as well. I think the Transformer keyboard are the best for any tablet. The recent MS Surface tablets had impressive keyboard docks, but the Transformer series still beats it because Transformer keyboards allow you to mount the tablet at any angle, has an extended battery for your tablet and you can deactivate the touch pad to prevent accidental touches (which happen a lot for me).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ye all of googles services aren't available in my country either wich is kind of stupid as googles european headquarters are in my country ireland. All i can get is paid apps, no movies books or music. Just to get the Nexus 4 i have to go to england

that stinks :(

What country do you live in google really need to start spreading out their services world wide dont they?

i'm in the philippines :) they recently had a partnership with one of the carriers here to provide free google access zones for non-data subscribers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones