• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tablet Tavern

Ugh, you're one of those "Samsung phones are too plasticy" types. :rolleyes: :p
This is my first Sammy phone. We did trash the Tab 10.1 before on a small fall. :(
I do appreciate the light weight though over our old Moto phones (which were tanks).

I've only got my DHD to compare her SGS with. Just don't like how much lighter the Samsung is!

i don't understand that argument. i don't think plastic is a cheap material. there are all sorts of plastic. besides, it makes the phone lighter. that's always a plus for me.

It's not that I think it feels cheap... it's that I prefer to have something that feels a little more solid in my hands... I've dropped my DHD a couple of times and it just took it in it's stride. I get the impression that the SGS would just fall to pieces!

If not a nexus 4 than maybe the HTC droid DNA if it ever comes out in england.

I would like a go with a DNA but, by March, I think that there's gonna be other stuff out. I am even prepared to hang on for a month or two, if there's something due out that I prefer the look of! :)

Upvote 0
Really, I got it probably a month ago. It still feels new though. I freakin' love this thing!
Stupid Verizon. Why do they have to be so evil?! Why does the company with the BEST coverage by far have to be such an expensive, bloaty succubus?

Why do birds always crap on the cleanest car? Why does toast always fall butter side down on the most expensive carpet? Why does the old lady with 20 items in the express lane and no driver's license always insist on paying with a check? Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are ... well, maybe not that one. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm with you Atheist! Weighing my decision about Verizon when our contract is up in a few months. Not that the Note 2 or SGS3 phones are bad in any way, it's just I really want my next phone to be another Nexus.
Excited to see what MWC will bring (seems CES will be pretty mum with phones). Hoping for some Tegra 4 and Medfield phones to be announced. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones